British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh vs Leicester - Championship play-offs semi final first leg

Looking at corresponding league fixtures, it was Edinburgh's 4th home meeting. Sarj, hook and lasse got 6 points between them and even Pickering was pretty subdued on 7. Bickley guested got 5 and mountain got 6+2. I don't see that happening again with lasse and hook now dialled into the dump. Should be good meeting but I think the enemy win 50-40

5 hours ago, HGould said:

Lot of talk about the Thompsons and possibility of splitting them up. 

I don't think either has kicked on quite as many expected. 

I do wonder if splitting teams would help them find their own levels and identities and levels and kick the Danjoe image

It can't have been easy for their parents with double the costs so made sense to reduce the travel costs and other costs. 

I think both can still reach significantly higher levels but time waits for no one and this winter might be time to split and stand on their own 2 feet. 

As much I have enjoyed watching them progress over the last few years, I think in order to continue their development they need to spend a season riding a different track to Leicester week in and week out, ideally a Belle Vue, Scunny or Redcar type circuit.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

This is an Edinburgh v Leicester thread and some see the need to bring up the MPT /Lawson racing incident that happened weeks ago. 

This is an Edinburgh v Leicester thread and Poole posters have taken over another thread.

Anyway I fancy the Monarch’s for a narrow aggregate victory and the best derby in speedway awaits in the final.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, foreverblue said:

So what fencing incident involved Edinburgh or Leicester riders? 

So why have Poole fans taken over a thread involving Edinburgh and  Leicester 

And this was way before Lawson and MPT were mentioned .

But back on topic as I say I fancy the Monarchs to just edge this over the two legs.