British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh vs Leicester - Championship play-offs semi final first leg

Lot of talk about the Thompsons and possibility of splitting them up. 

I don't think either has kicked on quite as many expected. 

I do wonder if splitting teams would help them find their own levels and identities and levels and kick the Danjoe image

It can't have been easy for their parents with double the costs so made sense to reduce the travel costs and other costs. 

I think both can still reach significantly higher levels but time waits for no one and this winter might be time to split and stand on their own 2 feet. 

8 minutes ago, HGould said:

Don't help when you have Lawson fencing opposition riders most weeks, especially Danes! 

At least Poole don't have Danes fencing/blocking their own guest team mates eg Flint!! Or failing to turn up after 'aggravating his injury' no doubt whilst doing commentary for Danish TV!!!? Still at least it saved Plymouth the air fares!!!

Suck it up Buttercup!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

20 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

I don't like play-offs & think table toppers should be crowned champions. However the team that wins the play-offs technically "deserves" to be Champions!

I tend to disagree.

Winning 2 or 3 cup ties at the end of a season is nowhere near enough to ensure 'deserving' Champion status.

And Monarchs definitely do not deserve to call themselves Champions in 2022. Only Leicester have earned that particular accolade.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, iainb said:

So, you're saying he did do it? :P

He's no Nicki P tbf! Still think they were just going for same bit of track. But I will let you have it if you can find the other examples of him 'fencing opposition riders most weeks, esp Danes.'

I mean if it happens most weeks can't be hard to find can it? ;)

• Like 2

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

He's no Nicki P tbf! Still think they were just going for same bit of track. But I will let you have it if you can find the other examples of him 'fencing opposition riders most weeks, esp Danes.'

I mean if it happens most weeks can't be hard to find can it? ;)

Don't agree about the rest of it but he defo fenced MPT that much is for sure