British Speedway Forum

Edinburgh vs Leicester - Championship play-offs semi final first leg

Difference is Poole have heat leaders to match Leicester, and second strings to beat Lions. Edinburgh have Masters and Pickering, and when Masters shows poor form it’s one way traffic. I expected Leicester to win tonight but Edinburgh to put up more of a fight. Frankly, they have been pathetic. Feel for the home fans. Team has let them down.

image.png

8 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Leicester tonight have been everything they were not at Poole. Favourites for the title by the proverbial mile. 

Thompson twins still struggling a bit though. Will need to get them going in the final if they are going to do it. Or at least one of them! 

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Thompson twins still struggling a bit though. Will need to get them going in the final if they are going to do it. Or at least one of them! 

We might not be there. Got a very tough semi which can and will go any way. Leicester showed tonight why they finished top of the league and are favourites for the title. They backed off at Poole to save themselves when they knew the tie had gone. Don’t read too much into the drubbing they got. It will be a different story if we meet again in the final. And I am sure Glasgow will have a lot to say on that.

30 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Difference is Poole have heat leaders to match Leicester, and second strings to beat Lions. Edinburgh have Masters and Pickering, and when Masters shows poor form it’s one way traffic. I expected Leicester to win tonight but Edinburgh to put up more of a fight. Frankly, they have been pathetic. Feel for the home fans. Team has let them down.

image.png

14 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Leicester tonight have been everything they were not at Poole. Favourites for the title by the proverbial mile. 

Make your mind up :D

Well I got that very wrong tonight, well done Leicester.

• Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

I’m glad I didn’t bother to go. The only thing worse than freezing your arse off at Armadale is freezing your arse off whilst the home team get mauled the one time you’d be OK with them doing well.

It's gonna have to be a "Give Us A T " on Sunday then !