British Speedway Forum

Wolves 2023

noaksey

5 hours ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

So now we all know the real reason behind the decision there will be no more speedway at Monmore Green after this season.The Council have announced plans to demolish the next door wholesale market and build a new far larger facility that will include a new mixed use complex to incorporate vehicle fleet services,new market,meals on wheels operartion,salt storage with new electric vehicles,street sign opereration and office space to control all these facilities......      So this was the devious plan all along between Entain and Wolverhampton City Council to end a near 100 year reign to bring an end to Wolves speedway at their present home. Bare faced lies from Entain about needing a new track for Premier greyhound racing,and the council for saying they'll do all they can for Entain to change their mind and let speedway continue at the Green.Both organisations lying scumbags. 

https://mycommunity.org.uk/what-are-assets-of-community-value-acv

Wonder if this is an avenue worth exploring?

1 hour ago, Colinspeedway said:

https://mycommunity.org.uk/what-are-assets-of-community-value-acv

Wonder if this is an avenue worth exploring?

Good idea but not sure it would even get looked at by our council.Whatever is put forward will be vetoed  by this rabble. 

6 hours ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

So now we all know the real reason behind the decision there will be no more speedway at Monmore Green after this season.The Council have announced plans to demolish the next door wholesale market and build a new far larger facility that will include a new mixed use complex to incorporate vehicle fleet services,new market,meals on wheels operartion,salt storage with new electric vehicles,street sign opereration and office space to control all these facilities......      So this was the devious plan all along between Entain and Wolverhampton City Council to end a near 100 year reign to bring an end to Wolves speedway at their present home. Bare faced lies from Entain about needing a new track for Premier greyhound racing,and the council for saying they'll do all they can for Entain to change their mind and let speedway continue at the Green.Both organisations lying scumbags. 

Trying to get my head round this. The only conniving I can see is if Entain have agreed to sell Monmore Green to the Council, who then demolish it to build their larger facilty.

Otherwise if there is no change to Monmore Green stadium then it's as you were ?

1 hour ago, Beowulf said:

Trying to get my head round this. The only conniving I can see is if Entain have agreed to sell Monmore Green to the Council, who then demolish it to build their larger facilty.

Otherwise if there is no change to Monmore Green stadium then it's as you were ?

Entain and Arena have already said they are going into a joint operation at Dunstall Park so horse and greyhound racing will be at the one facility,and with Wolverhampton council closing their depot at Culwell St there is nowhere near enough space to accommodate with what they're planning in today's Express & Star at the present fruit & veg wholesale market. The fleet of vehicles  alone which they are stating will be based there requires an enormous amount of land so really the only other viable space in Hickman Ave is Monmore Green which is right next door.

Edited by Tommy Sweetman
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Lefty said:

From Wolves Web site:-

Mon 16 Oct: Olympique Individual

Mon 23 Oct: Farewell to Monmore: "We'll Meet Again Trophy"

~ can we expect Vera Lynn to be the last record played @ Monmore?

I would rather have "I Remember You" by Frank Ifield.

Maybe Charles and Eddie song “would I lie to you “  would be more  appropriate? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...
48 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Anyone know what's going on?

CVS insists we're not riding next year but Entain have told the Express and Star that they're not running an extra day of dogs next year!

But have they not  said already that one of the main reasons is the shale going on the dog track and dogs getting injured? 

5 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Anyone know what's going on?

CVS insists we're not riding next year but Entain have told the Express and Star that they're not running an extra day of dogs next year!

It is nothing to do with extra days greyhound racing, it is to do with dogs getting injured, however as an ex greyhound insider so to speak there are no more injuries now than in the past, basically they don't want Speedway for whatever reason, which may become clearer in years to come.

2 hours ago, heathen52 said:

It is nothing to do with extra days greyhound racing, it is to do with dogs getting injured, however as an ex greyhound insider so to speak there are no more injuries now than in the past, basically they don't want Speedway for whatever reason, which may become clearer in years to come.

Didn't realise that, I'm sure it said in the original press release they were wanting to run dogs 7 days a week