British Speedway Forum

Wolves 2023

noaksey

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Get the Ave down....wont win anything with those reserve's....its not how u start its how u finish ..

Thought BSN matches didn't count towards the averages. 

Edited by Tommy Sweetman

46 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yeah but if you miss the gate why bother 

1) to earn money?

2) out of respect for the fans who paid to get in

3) the excitement of riding a speedway bike

4) wanting to do your best for your team

5) having pride in yourself

6) wanting to improve as a rider

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

1) to earn money?

2) out of respect for the fans who paid to get in

3) the excitement of riding a speedway bike

4) wanting to do your best for your team

5) having pride in yourself

6) wanting to improve as a rider

I agree yo would not expect Scott to be like that but i doubt he needs the money and if the meeting has gone you wouldn't try as hard would you.

So Becker is back in the declared 1-7 as of yesterdays new declared line ups, which makes the announcement of Nicholls as a temporary signing all the more odd.

Of course it now makes the use of Harris as a guest as perfect sense yesterday. 

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/p23_issue_4.pdf

Edited by stevebrum
Added information

1 hour ago, stevebrum said:

So Becker is back in the declared 1-7 as of yesterdays new declared line ups, which makes the announcement of Nicholls as a temporary signing all the more odd.

Of course it now makes the use of Harris as a guest as perfect sense yesterday. 

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/p23_issue_4.pdf

Not really that odd, Scott was injured in Poland on Saturday so cancelling the temporary signing is the logical thing to do I would say.

9 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Ok i will bite- what injury did he receive on Saturday- has anyone said ?

Harris guested for the home side as they reverted to their original team declaration including the injured Luke Becker, as short-term signing Scott Nicholls suffered an ankle injury in Poland on Saturday.

Taken from match report on British Speedway website

No reason not to believe it as Scott got a paid maximum at Monmore when guesting against KL

Edited by Call me wolfie

1 minute ago, Call me wolfie said:

Harris guested for the home side as they reverted to their original team declaration including the injured Luke Becker, as short-term signing Scott Nicholls suffered an ankle injury in Poland on Saturday.

Taken from match report on British Speedway website

He must have done it by winning races or getting excluded for 2 start misdemeanours :) 

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

He must have done it by winning races or getting excluded for 2 start misdemeanours :) 

Two things, firstly what would we have to gain by dropping a rider who scored a paid max on our track the previous week. Secondly, everyone who knows CVS will know he always does things by the book.

As for your question, I’ve no idea how he damaged his ankle, maybe he kicked out in frustration after being excluded, who knows!!!

5 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Two things, firstly what would we have to gain by dropping a rider who scored a paid max on our track the previous week. Secondly, everyone who knows CVS will know he always does things by the book.

As for your question, I’ve no idea how he damaged his ankle, maybe he kicked out in frustration after being excluded, who knows!!!

He's in the Oxford line-up tomorrow!!

3 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

How about a conspiracy theory- he only signs for Wolves recently but tells them unfortunately he`s not available for Easter Monday- so that leaves them in the $hit.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

Would he have been allowed to guest again? Just one week after? 

And if they had redeclared with Scott in it for 28 days, isnt it then against the rules to redeclare the team again with a known injured rider (Becker) in it? 

Edited by mikebv

16 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Would he have been allowed to guest again? Just one week after? 

And if they had redeclared with Scott in it for 28 days, isnt it then against the rules to redeclare the team again with a known injured rider (Becker) in it? 

He wouldn’t have been guesting if he had been fit to ride. I guess if the temporary signing is cancelled then it automatically reverts to the original line up. I really don’t understand all the fuss, if Nicholls had ridden instead of Bomber the result would have been pretty much the same.

4 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Not really that odd, Scott was injured in Poland on Saturday so cancelling the temporary signing is the logical thing to do I would say.

I’m just a little confused with the reverting back to original line up part of the rules, don’t you usually have to give 48 hrs to re declare or does reverting back to original line up cancel the need to wait 48 hrs?

If Scott was injured Saturday they would have had to declare Saturday night to be able to convert back?

Not like anyone can really explain the rules as I don’t think even those in charge know. Look how they messed up the Lambert situation for the play offs!

14 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

He wouldn’t have been guesting if he had been fit to ride. I guess if the temporary signing is cancelled then it automatically reverts to the original line up. I really don’t understand all the fuss, if Nicholls had ridden instead of Bomber the result would have been pretty much the same.

I think a lot of the fuss is because Wolves kept the whole thing secret, even after the 12 noon match was cancelled, they still posted a team with Nicholls in for the 8pm match. 1) to me keeping it a secret sound like they have something to hide (i.e breaking rules) 2) why not advertise Harris - might bring more fans through the gate!

8 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

I think a lot of the fuss is because Wolves kept the whole thing secret, even after the 12 noon match was cancelled, they still posted a team with Nicholls in for the 8pm match. 1) to me keeping it a secret sound like they have something to hide (i.e breaking rules) 2) why not advertise Harris - might bring more fans through the gate!

In the days of the internet you  can no longer pull the old 'injured riding abroad' trick. We all know what Scott did for Rawicz on Saturday and unless he tripped over a burger in the pits he didn't pick up an injury there. [And there is no suggestion he won't be fit for Oxford tonight]

• Like 1