British Speedway Forum

Wolves 2023

noaksey

8 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Nicholls is nearly 2 points lower so it’s a weakening on paper. Thankfully he has started the season on fire and should be great value at MG, I just worry about him away from the Green.

Id have still gone with guests away from home but I guess with other clubs racing we might not get the rider we would prefer.

Nicholls is almost unbeatable at MG and is good at most English tracks and as you say on fire at the moment. Bit strange though considering he said he didnt want to do premiership this season. A very popular guest i would imagjne .

10 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Nicholls is almost unbeatable at MG and is good at most English tracks and as you say on fire at the moment. Bit strange though considering he said he didnt want to do premiership this season. A very popular guest i would imagjne .

Belle Vue and Kings Lynn away matches for Wolves in the next 7 days. We'll know more about Nicholls after those 2, we know he's very good at Monmore but he's still a 5 pointer replacing a 7 pointer 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

He didn't want to do premiership because it clashed with his tv work he will be doing summaries for eurosport when the league starts being shown which I believe is in May 

38 minutes ago, stevebrum said:

Nicholls is nearly 2 points lower so it’s a weakening on paper. Thankfully he has started the season on fire and should be great value at MG, I just worry about him away from the Green.

Id have still gone with guests away from home but I guess with other clubs racing we might not get the rider we would prefer.

Nicholls has always been fab around M.G ...suits both him and Wolves ...away might be a different story ...

51 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

On the back of a very poor year for him in 2022, even at the Green not as good as usual. But yes, started the season in fine form.

Scotts TV commitments won’t start till end of this month for GP’s and mid May for the league so I’m sure he is ok and happy with short term signing. Appears to suit both parties.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, foreverblue said:

Not strange, he'll be doing 28 days rather than 200+.

3 hours ago, stevebrum said:

His 2 league matches at BV he scored 3 and 2. Awful. 

In fairness he had a pretty poor 2022 all round, he already looks like a different rider this season. Very shrewd signing for a month. 

Edited by Bagpuss
  • Like 5

59 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

In fairness he had a pretty poor 2022 all round, he already looks like a different rider this season. Very shrewd signing for a month. 

Indeed at least you know he won't disappear in a strop if something negative happens, ideal 28 day signing.

8 hours ago, DBP said:

He didn't want to do premiership because it clashed with his tv work he will be doing summaries for eurosport when the league starts being shown which I believe is in May 

Yes I know so maybe might change his mind as he is going so well. I expect he would earn far more riding.

7 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

Not strange, he'll be doing 28 days rather than 200+.

Yes at the moment but if this form continues he is going to be a very popular guest.

8 hours ago, stevebrum said:

On the back of a very poor year for him in 2022, even at the Green not as good as usual. But yes, started the season in fine form.

Scotts TV commitments won’t start till end of this month for GP’s and mid May for the league so I’m sure he is ok and happy with short term signing. Appears to suit both parties.

Always liked Scotty, always gives his best even when things are not going so well.

• Like 2