British Speedway Forum

Wolves 2023

noaksey

21 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

A good rider will ride any track .....

Certainly looked more comfortable with the track towards the end of last season,but learning the trade at Berwick is a vastly different animal to then having to ride at Monmore .Have no doubts he'll master it in the end.

24 minutes ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

Certainly looked more comfortable with the track towards the end of last season,but learning the trade at Berwick is a vastly different animal to then having to ride at Monmore .Have no doubts he'll master it in the end.

True....best RS in league.....got to be a plus ...

24 minutes ago, Tommy Sweetman said:

A lot of doom mongers out there, but I think they'll surprise a few people. 

Think we might ....need to get Z.Cook going ...may struggle  away from home in heats 13 and 15 ....Masters is not the best away from home ...Rory is better  than N.Morris...he was poor away from home..

1 hour ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

A good rider will ride any track .....

John Louis rated Tomasz Gollob as the most naturally talented speedway rider he had ever known, and Gollob didn't like Monmore at all.  I think he won one race there, in 1998, when the Wolves were one of the few teams to beat the rampant Witches, on 20 July (47-43).  It was a very rare occasion that I got quite drunk (a couple or three pints of Guinness), and managed to upset some people (a few more than usual!) - they all looked so miserable as they left the stadium, even after defeating the mighty Witches. I recall there was a BDL match between the junior Wolves and Buxton. I also was quite unwell by the time we got to Corley Services :(:D

7 hours ago, szkocjasid said:

On paper Wolves look good, 5 heat leaders & the strongest RS. Although you can't guarantee the top 5 will score well every week, which is what cost them in the play-offs.

5 heatleaders? Id say they have 1

Edited by cambpanther