British Speedway Forum

Wolves 2023

noaksey

Now that Peterborough have the green light for 2023 a few have suggested Douglas for the EOES next year.

Would he be the one to leave Wolves, presumably we'd want to keep Masters, Morris and Becker?  Will Becker sign again he was last to be announced this year, was linked with BV I recall.

Wolves won't go weak at reserve again considering the close shaves they've had at Home this year.

Think you'll be looking for 2 new second strings and a No.6 because the following 4 should be nailed on.

1. Sam Masters

3. Luke Becker

5. Nick Morris

7. Leon Flint (RS)

Edited by TTT

18 minutes ago, TTT said:

Wolves won't go weak at reserve again considering to close shaves they've had at Home this year.

Think you'll be looking for 2 new second strings and a No.6 because the following 4 should be nailed on.

1. Sam Masters

2. Hans Andersen

3. Luke Becker

4. Troy Batchelor 

5. Nick Morris

6. Scott Nicholls

7. Leon Flint (RS)

2 hours ago, noaksey said:

Now that Peterborough have the green light for 2023 a few have suggested Douglas for the EOES next year.

Would he be the one to leave Wolves, presumably we'd want to keep Masters, Morris and Becker?  Will Becker sign again he was last to be announced this year, was linked with BV I recall.

I'd rather keep Douglas than Morris to be honest, if it came to that straight choice.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TTT said:

Wolves won't go weak at reserve again considering the close shaves they've had at Home this year.

1. Sam Masters

3. Luke Becker

5. Nick Morris

7. Leon Flint (RS)

As a second string I think Worrall has had a good year, so I see no reason to get rid of him.

46 minutes ago, noaksey said:

I agree but he's much better at a few places than MG, impossible to know what he's thinking but a change wouldn't surprise me

That is why he is so useful to Wolves, good at Monmore and great on the big away tracks. Personally I think that would be a big loss.

On 9/20/2022 at 10:45 PM, Beowulf said:

That is why he is so useful to Wolves, good at Monmore and great on the big away tracks. Personally I think that would be a big loss.

My first three on the team sheet would definitely be Masters, Douglas and Flint.Think the only certainty not to be at Monmore next season is Kemp.

On 9/19/2022 at 10:29 AM, noaksey said:

The new averages make interesting reading, since the last set our combined average has dropped by around 3.5 points meaning as things stand we could actually strengthen by around 1.8 points rather than have to lose someone.

They will be our final averages as playoffs aren’t included.

Edited by Call me wolfie

23 minutes ago, Call me wolfie said:

The new averages make interesting reading, since the last set our combined average has dropped by around 3.5 points meaning as things stand we could actually strengthen by around 1.8 points rather than have to lose someone.

Blimey that's a surprise 

2 hours ago, Call me wolfie said:

Now we understand the thrashing at Lynn last week.