British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Poole/Plymouth Sunday 25 September 2022 - Semi-final Championship Play offs

4 minutes ago, Gazc said:

I’m working and can’t use my rain off ticket so for that reason I’ve just checked the Forecast and Rain is due around 10.02am.

Think they are going to book a hotel  for the week for the riders in Nov and run heats each day between showers.Hope the are not many tape breaking incidents though.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Haha 2

One thing that bothered me watching on BSN last night was Richard Lawson waving his finger at the referee in an aggressive manner and giving him what looked like some harsh words. The referee looked taken aback by what Lawson said. If Lawson was out of order I hope the referee let's the appropriate people know.

• Like 1

One thing that bothered me watching on BSN last night was Richard Lawson waving his finger at the referee in an aggressive manner and giving him what looked like some harsh words. The referee looked taken aback by what Lawson said. If Lawson was out of order I hope the referee let's the appropriate people know.

Couldn't agree more - one thing a match being called off, should be the Team Managers / Promoters talking to the ref if anyone not the whole team surrounding the ref a la football! Lawson out of order and he is lucky the ref doesn't have as much authority as they do as in Rugby!  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, stevehone said:

I saw Poole use sawdust before a meeting a while ago to get it on and worked very well too after torrential rain, should all tracks have a stash of sawdust to use if necessary?

I’ll admit it was the first time in about 20 years I’ve seen it used, but it done the job

The Eco Warriors got that stopped along with dropping oil on the track.

26 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Telling the ref in no uncertain terms what the Poole team thought of the meeting being called off. I will ask him what he said to the ref on Wednesday.

They want to get a full 1-7 back fully fit and they’re doing everything they possibly can to do so. They’ve declined every date been given to them for the jubilee final now this. 

they were happy to make fans stand around and wait for what 2 hours at the Scunthorpe match earlier in the season so why so quick to call off tonights match. 

5 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

They want to get a full 1-7 back fully fit and they’re doing everything they possibly can to do so. They’ve declined every date been given to them for the jubilee final now this. 

they were happy to make fans stand around and wait for what 2 hours at the Scunthorpe match earlier in the season so why so quick to call off tonights match. 

So the whole thing, right from deciding to start the meeting at 6pm, was a master plan in your opinion.

Conspiracy theorists???……….Jeez!

2 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Team manager said on bsn that the whole team were together for a meal on Saturday night. Reported in Speedy Star last week too

I thought he said most of the ones that were able to attend. That's what I understood he said. 

3 hours ago, NeilWatson said:

For the Championship I see no reason why the league couldn't be completed by the end of July with the play-offs in August.

I think generally they were weren't they,  that's why Glasgow and Leicester haven't ridden in weeks. It's only been Poole faffing about running against Plymouth that is going to push this into October

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ragdoll64 said:

So the whole thing, right from deciding to start the meeting at 6pm, was a master plan in your opinion.

Conspiracy theorists???……….Jeez!

Where have I mentioned the start time? There wasn’t one tractor on the track during the delay to try and fix things. Yet can make fans wait 2 hours earlier in the season. We know the desperation to win things are through the roof so they’ll play every trick in the book and calling that off last night without even attempting to fix it is one. Unfortunately it was a rookie ref in charge and not someone who would’ve had the wool pulled over his eyes so easily.

Why else have they rejected every date offered to ride the jubilee.

Edited by Mr Blobby

56 minutes ago, Happy Hunter said:

Spot on. I'd suggest an automatic 2 match ban and replaced by a NDL rider

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Mr Blobby said:

Where have I mentioned the start time? There wasn’t one tractor on the track during the delay to try and fix things. Yet can make fans wait 2 hours earlier in the season.

Just to upset you and remind you that you didn't qualify.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Happy Hunter said:

He was fined at Leicester earlier in the season for a similar situation.

44 minutes ago, Mr Blobby said:

Where have I mentioned the start time? There wasn’t one tractor on the track during the delay to try and fix things. Yet can make fans wait 2 hours earlier in the season. We know the desperation to win things are through the roof so they’ll play every trick in the book and calling that off last night without even attempting to fix it is one. Unfortunately it was a rookie ref in charge and not someone who would’ve had the wool pulled over his eyes so easily.

You weren’t there then, the Tractor was on the track after the rain delay  as requested by the riders.Then announced that the meeting was going to continue.There was then One heat when Starke slid of then it all kicked off again.

• Like 1