British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Poole/Plymouth Sunday 25 September 2022 - Semi-final Championship Play offs

1 minute ago, Arthur54 said:

Could have got a lot more in if they hadn't have had a rider parade and got on with it at 6pm sharp, or even more if they had started at say 4pm, being the forecast for rain was known days ago 

Agree about the early start, there might be a reason why they couldn’t start early though, rider or referee availability? 

I reckon it should be compulsory for play offs to run the distance, hardly fair for the home team to lose a chunk of the tie regardless of who it is. 

• Like 2

Just now, kopite92 said:

The irony of Poole fans talking about how to prepare a track. Didn’t Wimborne Road double up as a golf course with the amount of holes that used to be in it?

Ah you said it 'used to be' not anymore. Tbf if Poole watered their track before rain was coming, would say they were crazy too! 

3 minutes ago, Gazc said:

In all seriousness the rain didn’t arrive until later than forecast I am more mystified why it wasn’t brought forward an hour or two to get the meeting completed.

How would they bring 'rain forward'?

Edited by Guest

4 minutes ago, Teromaafan said:

That would explain why he rarely scores any points. Rather than be taking photos of the track, He should be concentrating on trying to catch the riders in front of him, who appear to be well out of site in this photo.

That is a bit harsh, perhaps you should have a go 

• Like 1

Just now, Trees said:

I'm in two minds about a scenario like Glasgow had today, I want to see a totally fair meeting with racers being able to give 100%, if they couldn't then I'd rather go again ......

The track after grading look fine not to much dirt and they rough up the inside line,I’m afraid the riders are just getting away with too much these days.The juniors could have got round on that track tonight IMO( I know I don’t ride the bike) but I’ve seen a few speedway meetings.The decision was based on whether the meeting was going to go the full distance without giving it a fair chance to see.Basso would have probably broke the track record if he gated.

7 minutes ago, Solidmango said:

Did you not watch it Lisa? BSN commentary saying the track was “very dusty” after heat 1… 

It’s clear Poole wanted to continue until heat 10 and then finish. 

With rider availability, surely it made sense to try and get a result 

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Ah you said it 'used to be' not anymore. Tbf if Poole watered their track before rain was coming, would say they were crazy too! 

Rain on the way or not you can't have dust storms for the fans! If a track has material on it becomes sloppy if it rains, if it's slick it becomes greasy in the rain .... speedway and rain don't mix whatever the track starts like.  

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

They said that? 

They gave the track a light watering 1/2 hour before start,it was dry as bone after Ht1.It was not heavy rain but the track was that slick the riders wanted it roughed up on the inside line.The track looked good .But there was definitely “politics “ involved in the decision from “BOTH” teams.Fans made to suffer again,certainly not encouraging for any new fans to come back.

PS

There wasn’t any surface water on the track.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, Fromafar said:

Your probably right on that one,but the whole thing stinks.Starke dived for the outside and just slid off could happen on any track.Glasgow probably sensed that the meeting might not go the full distance if the rain came on again.Nicol probably had his bike in the van.

Nicol has had his bike in the van most of this season.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

With rider availability, surely it made sense to try and get a result 

When it suits Poole you mean… 100% guarantee that if it was Ht10 and Poole were only down a couple of points you all would be on here telling us it was unsafe and the right decision 

• Like 5

23 minutes ago, Trees said:

I'm in two minds about a scenario like Glasgow had today, I want to see a totally fair meeting with racers being able to give 100%, if they couldn't then I'd rather go again ......

In addition you can't have a two legged tie where one team has more heats at home than the other.....for me meetings have to go the distance over two legs, same principle as removing tac subs in such matches. 

• Like 6

1 minute ago, phillipsr said:

When it suits Poole you mean… 100% guarantee that if it was Ht10 and Poole were only down a couple of points you all would be on here telling us it was unsafe and the right decision 

Something very dodgy going on when you see none Poole fans on here moaning about the canncilation