British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Poole/Plymouth Sunday 25 September 2022 - Semi-final Championship Play offs

30 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Yes you could tell he rode it well .When will it be re-run, apparently according to the comments on BSN it can be re-run any day. 

Any day when they are not missing riders!!! That's why they've turned down several fixtures over the past 7 weeks

2 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

What didn't show you is that all Poole riders management and fans had been round the track with hairdryers for an hour before that was taken :rolleyes:

I’ve got it on my phone do you think I should put it on Instagram.

14 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Any day when they are not missing riders!!! That's why they've turned down several fixtures over the past 7 weeks

How have Glasgow turned down several fixtures over the past 7 weeks?

The only fixture they have turned was a Jubilee meeting at Leicester, which was only offered after Nick Morris was out of Polish playoffs and Glasgow had an injury crisis 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

There were a few Glasgow fans disillusioned with that decision and certain riders,track was hardly unridable and only 1Team wanted it off for whatever reason and it wasn’t Poole.

Who knows but I still can’t understand why they just couldn’t have brought it forward a couple of hours.

We always hate rain offs but part and parcel I’m afraid.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, gmarsbar2 said:

How have Glasgow turned down several fixtures over the past 7 weeks?

The only fixture they have turned was a Jubilee meeting at Leicester, which was only offered after Nick Morris was out of Polish playoffs and Glasgow had an injury crisis 

Doesn’t suit the conspiracy theory though I would go down the humour them route and tell them they are lucky it wasn’t sunny.

Edited by Gazc

15 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Nathan Ablitt Instagram story.

Cami Brown’s interview “the track was rideable, not raceable…..” 

Paul Starke was on the outside line into bend 3 and the back wheel just gave way, no grip at all. 

Very convenient for Poole suggesting we keep racing after heat 5 and try to call it at heat 10 if the rain continues, that way Glasgow lose 5 heats of home advantage.

The rain had started again not long after, there was no chance of getting to heat 10, especially after Worrall couldn’t sit still at the tapes, then couldn’t sit on his bike and then destroyed the tapes, I’m sure we could have had a few extra races if he hadn’t thrown his toys out the pram! 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Every single Poole rider wanted to continue even though Pirates were losing. Glasgow did not want it. 

They bring the sport into disrepute. The ref calls off a meeting but no one can tell me the home promotion didn’t pressure the ref into a terrible decision. You could see what was going on on the BSN stream.

Poole only wanted to carry on until heat 10 then call it off 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1