British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Poole/Plymouth Sunday 25 September 2022 - Semi-final Championship Play offs

37 minutes ago, Joseq7 said:

Generally I would agree but all visiting riders and visiting fans will be well on their way I think we'll only call it off at 6 or even a bit after. 

I think I read all our riders were having a team bonding meal last night and everyone was staying over.

True, some Poole fans only 20 miles away now. I think if they were going to call it off based on the forecast, they would have done that this morning. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Rain getting very close. Feel sorry for the Pirates fans that have made the long trip up if this is off. Rerun it tomorrow?

How? Prem playoffs and League cup, so def no Lawson, Worrall, Kemp or King!! 

Edited by lisa-colette

The forecast hasn’t changed in nearly 3 days. Should have started at 3pm and it would have been no issue. We can all see the rain radar and the wet stuff closing in. Fingers crossed Gandalf turns up with his staff, shouting, “you shall not pass”.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

The forecast hasn’t changed in nearly 3 days. Should have started at 3pm and it would have been no issue. We can all see the rain radar and the wet stuff closing in. Fingers crossed Gandalf turns up with his staff, shouting, “you shall not pass”.

Not often we agree but I've been saying the same all week

38 minutes ago, racers and royals said:

Some sort of SGP2 on ?? It`s the final round on Friday and on Sunday it`s the final of the European U 23 team Championship.

Haha. I'm not clued up on it like everyone else! If Tom and Ben didn't mention it on their SM accounts, I would have no idea it was happening! 

18 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Basso's in the zone, running up and down Hawthorn Street. Ominous clouds, but they've looked this way all afternoon and they've not leaked yet...

Just said on the news that the 'rain is passing through Scotland quickly this evening..' But it is the BBC so idk..:unsure: