British Speedway Forum

Glasgow v Poole/Plymouth Sunday 25 September 2022 - Semi-final Championship Play offs

23 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

Taking a guess but might Poole hold the first leg on Friday night their alternative race night that we're opting to hold it on a Sunday?

I don't think we win on any case, too much inactivity and Poole hitting a bit of form 

If we make it Skidder says Poole leg is on Weds 28th though. I think they are saving any Fridays for rain offs? So might have Friday 23rd saved for KOC in case that is rained off on Weds (although forecast is okay atm). 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

I think Poole May struggle against Glasgow  as cook,basso and Brennan are a better heat leader trio than king,worrall and Lawson the tigers reserves are better than Poole’s I have a feeling it could be an all Scottish final I hope not cmon Leicester you have another fan for a few weeks.

Why do you not want an all Scottish final? I'm not sure anyone can begrudge Edinburgh winning a trophy this season. 

3 hours ago, Jaizer said:

Taking a guess but might Poole hold the first leg on Friday night their alternative race night that we're opting to hold it on a Sunday?

I don't think we win on any case, too much inactivity and Poole hitting a bit of form 

Racing at home on the Sunday as Basso unavailable on Friday

3 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

If we make it Skidder says Poole leg is on Weds 28th though. I think they are saving any Fridays for rain offs? So might have Friday 23rd saved for KOC in case that is rained off on Weds (although forecast is okay atm). 

Weds 28th is on the Poole website at the end of the Lions v Pirates report!!

Glasgow haven't raced at home since August 5th and have injuries, I think we all know how this will go. The lopsided fixture list has made a bit of a mockery of British speedway this year and needs sorting badly (amongst many other things)for 2023.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Mike0310 said:

I think Poole May struggle against Glasgow  as cook,basso and Brennan are a better heat leader trio than king,worrall and Lawson the tigers reserves are better than Poole’s I have a feeling it could be an all Scottish final I hope not cmon Leicester you have another fan for a few weeks.

Personally i feel our heat leaders can compete on a level with the Glasgow heat leaders, Cook is now fit and back on form so that is a plus for Glasgow but unfortunately i think Hume is still injured and that could be a big issue, i believe zach Cook is the best reserve but we also have the worst reserve and our second strings have found form, even Kemp seems to be riding a little better judging by his form at Leicester last night .I think it is too close to call.

11 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

Glasgow haven't raced at home since August 5th and have injuries, I think we all know how this will go. The lopsided fixture list has made a bit of a mockery of British speedway this year and needs sorting badly (amongst many other things)for 2023.

Just this year?

We could have started our season the first week in June and still accommodate the playoff next weekend. Be interesting to see if the crowd drops off, it'll have been 7 weeks since our last home meeting. Its very easy to lose interest, especially with the nights now becoming darker and colder.

• Like 1