British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Flappy

43 minutes ago, mikebv said:

And, just like with Swindon, the spectre of the houses will always create a possibility of noise complaints in the future should Peterborough stay on that site...

With the council now seemingly "on side" now is the chance to be the "bigger party" and suggest alternatives to prevent more time and money being used up discussing things, changing things, appealling things, and re-appealing things....

Maybe all could "win" now?

Our door has always been open for dialogue. Chairman of the Planning Committee has been seen today on video saying better or equal provision must be made for Speedway.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BluPanther said:

Who is this guy, has he got a finger in the pie ?

Peterborough Prime was number 50 in the 56 support letters dumped on the PCC planning portal by AEPG so if that X account really does represent PP then yes he did indeed possibly have skin in the game: Oh dear, how sad, never mind - despite their worthy profile!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Watched the video of yesterday's meeting and to my surprise it turns out the Chairman of the Planning Committee is an ex work colleague of mine who i worked with for a good 10+ years , he loves his sport especially the red half of merseyside and hes a big fisherman also.

Perhaps he better go to speedway, he might like that also.

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Watched the video of yesterday's meeting and to my surprise it turns out the Chairman of the Planning Committee is an ex work colleague of mine who i worked with for a good 10+ years , he loves his sport especially the red half of merseyside and hes a big fisherman also.

That’s really good to know. Thanks.

20 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Good result. But who would/will be the landlords if/when speedway resumed? 

I would love it to be council owned and rented to us. The council would never treat us in such a poor way as the landlord's did. And to be fair here, the landlords, The East of England Agricultural Society, probably, well most likely in fact, would have had no idea that the people who they had employed to manage the day to day running of events at the Showground had treated successive club promoters so dreadfully. There is one exception to this and that is the last venue director prior to AEPG arriving on the scene, he was a lot more fairer, worked with the club, not against it and the club was able to operate a little more comfortably. During the Andrew Mercer era of management, I cannot tell you what and absolute rubbish that man was. He absolutely got pleasure out of treating us so bad.

29 minutes ago, Mick Bratley said:

During the Andrew Mercer era of management, I cannot tell you what and absolute rubbish that man was. He absolutely got pleasure out of treating us so bad.

Didn't Jim Lynch threaten to take him to court when Mercer had one of his regular power hour moments about number of vehicles inside the EoES? I can't recall whether it was season ticket holders, disabled supporters or just riders, staff, sponsors etc? Pathetic & entertaining all the same

3 hours ago, Mick Bratley said:

I would love it to be council owned and rented to us. The council would never treat us in such a poor way as the landlord's did. And to be fair here, the landlords, The East of England Agricultural Society, probably, well most likely in fact, would have had no idea that the people who they had employed to manage the day to day running of events at the Showground had treated successive club promoters so dreadfully. There is one exception to this and that is the last venue director prior to AEPG arriving on the scene, he was a lot more fairer, worked with the club, not against it and the club was able to operate a little more comfortably. During the Andrew Mercer era of management, I cannot tell you what and absolute rubbish that man was. He absolutely got pleasure out of treating us so bad.

Or perhaps the land owned by the council and leased to a (good and friendly!) landlord? I wonder how readily the EoES(or is it AEPG now?) will get fed up with the planning hassles, accept what they seem to have been granted for house building, and sell-up the speedway land (hopefully to the council or if not to a "friendly party")?

6 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Or perhaps the land owned by the council and leased to a (good and friendly!) landlord? I wonder how readily the EoES(or is it AEPG now?) will get fed up with the planning hassles, accept what they seem to have been granted for house building, and sell-up the speedway land (hopefully to the council or if not to a "friendly party")?

I'd be surprised in this financial climate if the Council has the money to buy anything unless there's some possibility of today's equivalent of council housing being built on it