British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Flappy

The Officer reports are now available on line. 

Hugely disappointing to note that they have recommended approval of the applications, despite acknowledging that the applications do not comply with parts of the Local Plan. 

I hope Councilors see through this, and I hope those speaking against the applications can strongly make the points for refusal. 

• Like 2

On 10/10/2024 at 4:42 PM, Sir Sidney said:

Hugely disappointing to note that they have recommended approval of the applications, despite acknowledging that the applications do not comply with parts of the Local Plan. 

I hope Councillors see through this, and I hope those speaking against the applications can strongly make the points for refusal. 

It's actually quite mind boggling that the planning department and case officer thought that they could take this forward given that AEPG have failed on every metric within the NPPF & Peterborough Local Plan. I kept reading agenda pack thinking that Butterfield & co must have given their eviction of Peterborough Speedway some thought and consideration at some point? He and they clearly never did but now they have their self imposed timeline to meet & the EEAS whining (read the planning portal comments) about wanting their money. They have to throw the dice now and can't undo their incompetence. I'm sure that the Peterborough City Council Planning and Environmental Protection Committee are looking forward to looking at and justifying a decision on this mess?

• Like 3

On 10/10/2024 at 4:42 PM, Sir Sidney said:

I hope Councilors see through this, and I hope those speaking against the applications can strongly make the points for refusal. 

Rugby planning officers  recommended approval of the Brandon estates plans before the Council rejected them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, gazz 50s said:

Big day for Peterborough Panthers and Speedway tomorrow were meeting at 12.30 as ITV is going to be their interviewing fans before and after the meeting. If any fans can make it please come along and shoe your support thanks

Are trainers or Plimsoles allowed

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, gazz 50s said:

Big day for Peterborough Panthers and Speedway tomorrow were meeting at 12.30 as ITV is going to be their interviewing fans before and after the meeting. If any fans can make it please come along and shoe your support thanks

Would have been a good idea to get a rider & bike or two. Are they doing that?