British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Flappy

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

If he is looking at Swaffham,that doesn't really benefit Peterborough or their fans whatsoever.Should be looking at the Showground or as near to Peterborough as possible imo.I wouldn't travel 54 miles to watch my team ride at home.

That was the distance we travelled for every home meeting at to Peterborough (from Coningsby, Lincolnshire)

7 hours ago, Rickyag said:

That was the distance we travelled for every home meeting at to Peterborough (from Coningsby, Lincolnshire)

Maybe so,and I congratulate you on that,but for many of the fans they wouldn't want to travel that distance every week just for a home match that really isn't.

2 hours ago, tellboy said:

Maybe so,and I congratulate you on that,but for many of the fans they wouldn't want to travel that distance every week just for a home match that really isn't.

Thanks, but with no Boston there was not much choice apart from Scunny, and we met new good friends there and they travelled from Gt. Yarmouth for every home meeting.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, TTT said:

I was so positive at the start but slowly my hope began to fade, An uphill battle has become a mountain to climb imo.

I've got no faith in Leftie Labour who are Anti-English to do the Panthers a favour, They'll be fully on board with building tower blocks to house a load of third world criminals in.

Also I fully believe that Buster Chapman would happily take a bribe from AEPG if offered to him in order to keep the Panthers OFF track imo.

The evidence was there at the start though that this was never anything else other than a mountain. Butterfield's intransigence was there throughout 2023 and Chapman played along wonderfully. Buster gets stick for that but it's well known that you have to play along with the landlords wishes if you want an easy life when running at the EoES. With the shackles off though, Chapman has shown bugger all interest in saving Peterborough Speedway can't really complain about the stick that he now gets, he brought it upon himself.

Bratters has said from the start that Butterfield is going to have to talk/negotiate with Peterborough Speedway and I think that he's right. Butterfield thought that he could just brush aside one of Peterborough's highest profile long established sporting leisure and community assets but he misjudged that badly.

Great summing up by the BSPA: "One way in which AEPG could ensure their scheme was compliant with National Planning Policy Framework would be to provide an alternative venue, in the Peterborough area, for the sport which they have evicted, or indeed to modify their own plans to support its retention at the Showground.

However, as things stand, we believe there is no way this proposal should be accepted – or, realistically, even taken to planning committee – whilst the reports are so deficient and so full of falsehoods about our sport."

If you or anyone else wins the Euro Lottery then starting from scratch elsewhere would be great, however, until that time, the EoES is our fight with the facts and evidence (which is significant) that we have.

That's not a dig but just an explanation of where supporter's energy needs to be directed, despite the disappointing stalemate and lack of any significant progress!

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 3

This was never going to be a quick process, see also Coventry and Lakeside.

The BSPL and SCB regularly take pelters on this forum, but in our present circumstance’s they have really stepped up to the plate here and our supporters and myself really thank them for that.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Crump99 said:

The evidence was there at the start though that this was never anything else other than a mountain. Butterfield's intransigence was there throughout 2023 and Chapman played along wonderfully. Buster gets stick for that but it's well known that you have to play along with the landlords wishes if you want an easy life when running at the EoES. With the shackles off though, Chapman has shown bugger all interest in saving Peterborough Speedway can't really complain about the stick that he now gets, he brought it upon himself.

Bratters has said from the start that Butterfield is going to have to talk/negotiate with Peterborough Speedway and I think that he's right. Butterfield thought that he could just brush aside one of Peterborough's highest profile long established sporting leisure and community assets but he misjudged that badly.

Great summing up by the BSPA: "One way in which AEPG could ensure their scheme was compliant with National Planning Policy Framework would be to provide an alternative venue, in the Peterborough area, for the sport which they have evicted, or indeed to modify their own plans to support its retention at the Showground.

However, as things stand, we believe there is no way this proposal should be accepted – or, realistically, even taken to planning committee – whilst the reports are so deficient and so full of falsehoods about our sport."

If you or anyone else wins the Euro Lottery then starting from scratch elsewhere would be great, however, until that time, the EoES is our fight with the facts and evidence (which is significant) that we have.

That's not a dig but just an explanation of where supporter's energy needs to be directed, despite the disappointing stalemate and lack of any significant progress!

Had Chapman not gone quietly then Peterborough would have closed a year sooner

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Mick Bratley said:

This was never going to be a quick process, see also Coventry and Lakeside.

The BSPL and SCB regularly take pelters on this forum, but in our present circumstance’s they have really stepped up to the plate here and our supporters and myself really thank them for that.

But isn't the plan for panthers to race next season? That's what's been said previously 

3 hours ago, Crump99 said:

32 minutes ago, Byker Biker said:

20 minutes ago, Flappy said:

No chance 

I have read it on here several times, from people seemingly in the know, that Buster had to keep quiet early on, as Crump99 touched on above. So Byker Biker might or might not have a point there.

As for now, i dont think many will disagree that Buster doesn't seem to be doing anything to help the cause..

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Byker Biker said:

You probably need to listen to this again? Particularly at 1min when he says "I do believe that there are a few more years here yet"

If AEPG were willing to negotiate at that point, which they were seemingly no longer willing to do afterwards,  we could have potentially got a longer extension and/or an amicable negotiated split of benefit to the club, if we had someone at the helm really interested in the clubs long term future and the work associated with that proposition. Credit for getting a full forgettable 2023 season but we're in the same place now anyway and have arguably wasted a season not taking the fight to PCC/AEPG.

On 6/16/2024 at 5:46 PM, Crump99 said:

You probably need to listen to this again? Particularly at 1min when he says "I do believe that there are a few more years here yet"

If AEPG were willing to negotiate at that point, which they were seemingly no longer willing to do afterwards,  we could have potentially got a longer extension and/or an amicable negotiated split of benefit to the club, if we had someone at the helm really interested in the clubs long term future and the work associated with that proposition. Credit for getting a full forgettable 2023 season but we're in the same place now anyway and have arguably wasted a season not taking the fight to PCC/AEPG.

I agree but in trying to protect his investment they offered him just over 3 months so to get a full season of racing it had to be a compromise outcome. Right or wrong it was his money going down the toilet.

What a load of piffle from Butterfield.  Well done Dotty nailing him with some of those questions.  "Have you ever been to a speedway meeting?  The answer proved that he clearly  has not.  I wonder if he paid his last couple of quid for a programme so he could follow it?.  He really struggled to remember if he really did, couldn't say when and how he could guess (yes GUESS!) how many people were there. The speedway club knew how many people were there because otherwise the council wouldn't let them stay open and stage meetings under safety laws  And to say he wants to see a full business plan from the club before he will have a meeting in that last few seconds of the interview shows just how frightened he is to argue his case face -to-face.  The speedway busines plan is nothing to do with him.  Reverse that argument to him and see just how thin his fag-packet operation is.  Filed records show three out of the four companies he tries to show are "AEPG" really have one director and one employee - HIM, an existence of a couple of years and a reputation of  zero viable successful history. The other company that he took over from the farmers has two directors (one him) and about a dozen employees.  He has no record of doing anything like this before, so put against the over 50 years plus of viable life for the Panthers, which one is the most likley to be true, viable and reliable?  He is less likely to be coming up with the truth even by the standards of the politians we have been hearing from in the past couple of weeks!  He must be using the same fag-packet suppliers as they clearly do - he certainly uses enough. His knowledge of what a charity can and cannot do is pathetic and to use the spurious arguments he desparately pulled out of thin air at the end of the interview gives me a great deal of confidence that he will not win this one.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, OldNutter said:

And to say he wants to see a full business plan from the club before he will have a meeting in that last few seconds of the interview shows just how frightened he is to argue his case face -to-face. 

I'm sure that if AEPG show us their report showing that the displaced sport/land/activity is “surplus to requirements”, as per the NPPF which puts the onus on the developer to prove their case, then we could point them towards the data and agree a meeting date.

• 2 weeks later...

Any other Peterborough/Speedway fans from around the late 80s early 90s think looking at this picture of Tate Zischke , see Mick Poole's hair coupled with the face of either Nigel Sadler or perhaps Rod Colqhoun , uncanny or what !!!

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/rowe-motor-oil-premiership/aces-move-for-zischke/

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 3

23 hours ago, scoobydoo said:

Any other Peterborough/Speedway fans from around the late 80s early 90s think looking at this picture of Tate Zischke , see Mick Poole's hair coupled with the face of either Nigel Sadler or perhaps Rod Colqhoun , uncanny or what !!!

https://britishspeedway.co.uk/rowe-motor-oil-premiership/aces-move-for-zischke/

Certainly see a resemblance to Rod Colqhoun