British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Flappy

That video needs to be shared far and wide to show that this scumbag wants to destroy a community sporting facility that has been there for over 50 years, in favour of building houses to line his own pockets.

And he calls the people who want to stop him "selfish"

11 hours ago, Bald Bloke said:

I thought he was doing his job

That is because he is the only employee of the company that he is the only director of and beneficiary if it manages to make any money from his only project.

There is a bit of a theme running through that.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chrismorton said:

What a condescending prick that guy is..acting like the big man Infront of 10 ringers.. embarrassment of a man and I hope he fails badly and then gets hurt badly...in a financial way of course..

There is no doubt he has under estimated the resolve of Speedway supporters locally and indeed nationally. He was warned about this eighteen months or so ago and to not underestimate the strength of support, but scoffed at the mere thought of it. The Speedway club is now his biggest problem and shows no sign of going away. The pressure is obviously building hence his recent rant. In fact we don’t need to make him come across as an idiot, he does it for us.

• Like 6

4 hours ago, chrismorton said:

acting like the big man Infront of 10 ringers.. embarrassment of a man

He must have known that that was being videoed and that it would go public? Had they had a liquid dinner beforehand or something? For a company CEO to be that incompetent when playing to an audience of like minds was certainly embarrassing.

• Like 3

Surely, the real villains in this are the EoE Agricultural Society? AEPG/Butterfield, for all their overblown credentials and ridiculous front, seem to just be the hired guns, being paid to do the dirty work.

For a Charity, the Ag Soc look to be carrying abnormally high amounts of financial reserves, which I think they are trying to justify due to making provisions for the costs involved with the project. 

And for an organisation whose main purpose is the promotion, protection and advancement of rural and land-based business and traditions, isn't it extraordinarily ironic (and scandalous) that they are attempting to facilitate the building-over of an area traditionally used in association with those aims!

It also begs the question as to why a speedway stadium was built there at all? Wouldn't it have been contrary to the "principles" of the EoE Agricultural Society, or has it always been primarily a money-making organisation mainly concerned with piling-up huge financial reserves?

With regards to the financing of AEPG, it appears they have an office near to the Showground, and possibly two paid employees in addition to Butterfield. How is this being funded? I notice that Butterfield is also a Director of a company called Orbit4 based in Cheshire, but cannot find any financial, legal or trading link between them and AEPG.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Surely, the real villains in this are the EoE Agricultural Society? AEPG/Butterfield, for all their overblown credentials and ridiculous front, seem to just be the hired guns, being paid to do the dirty work.

I'd put Peterborough City Council high up the list as well because they produced a revised/adopted local plan that led to the current mess. Who was consulted on this and how was that consultation communicated. I never heard anything about it, did anyone else? It does sound like an AEPG consultation so is very much in keeping with this unpopular project,

The PCC Peterborough Preliminary Draft Local Plan of January 2016 said:

Policy LP31: East of England Showground - Within the East of England Showground, as shown on the Policies Map, planning permission will be granted for development for sport, leisure and other uses which would be appropriate to the existing Showground and which would not impair its continued use for that purpose. Proposals for development should not have an unacceptable adverse impact on the surrounding uses (especially on occupiers of nearby residential properties), and all development should ensure that the character of the area is maintained.

Who would argue with that?

How did that get to 650 houses and LP36 & LP30 (which is basically supposed to be the safety net for anything disadvantaged by the omission of LP31).

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Crump99 said:

I'd put Peterborough City Council high up the list as well because they produced a revised/adopted local plan that led to the current mess. Who was consulted on this and how was that consultation communicated. I never heard anything about it, did anyone else? It does sound like an AEPG consultation so is very much in keeping with this unpopular project,

The PCC Peterborough Preliminary Draft Local Plan of January 2016 said:

Policy LP31: East of England Showground - Within the East of England Showground, as shown on the Policies Map, planning permission will be granted for development for sport, leisure and other uses which would be appropriate to the existing Showground and which would not impair its continued use for that purpose. Proposals for development should not have an unacceptable adverse impact on the surrounding uses (especially on occupiers of nearby residential properties), and all development should ensure that the character of the area is maintained.

Who would argue with that?

How did that get to 650 houses and LP36 & LP30 (which is basically supposed to be the safety net for anything disadvantaged by the omission of LP31).

Yes, what the hell does "character of the area" actually mean!?

On 5/29/2024 at 11:58 PM, Hamish McRaker said:

With regards to the financing of AEPG, it appears they have an office near to the Showground, and possibly two paid employees in addition to Butterfield. How is this being funded? I notice that Butterfield is also a Director of a company called Orbit4 based in Cheshire, but cannot find any financial, legal or trading link between them and AEPG.

Butterfeld doesn't get paid as such  by AEPG, but he has borrowed some money from the tin and will get a big pot if his plans work out. I think you will find there is a huge loan/mortgage or at least a mortgage /loan facility somewhere in the web of one-man-bands and the loans are facilitated via some murky money operations.  The whole of the showground and the operation to keep it in good condition is "owned" by Butterfield but will drop back to the loan controllers if he runs out of road on the way. Presumably, the Agg Socy will have either a big pot of cash already, or at least a promise of one eventually with it gets sold to the builders to be built-on. 

Orbit 4 sell and/or operate database asset software to Fitness  Centres (used to be called Gyms in my younger days) to manage their equipment as financial assets (sound familiar?).  They are connected to a company with the name webuygymequipment.com although they do not appear to have any connection with the AEPG spiders web other than via Butterfield and/or his contacts.

Wherever you touch the Showground web, mid-2021 crops up as when almost everything was started to make it happen.

22 hours ago, OldNutter said:

Butterfeld doesn't get paid as such  by AEPG, but he has borrowed some money from the tin and will get a big pot if his plans work out. I think you will find there is a huge loan/mortgage or at least a mortgage /loan facility somewhere in the web of one-man-bands and the loans are facilitated via some murky money operations.  The whole of the showground and the operation to keep it in good condition is "owned" by Butterfield but will drop back to the loan controllers if he runs out of road on the way. Presumably, the Agg Socy will have either a big pot of cash already, or at least a promise of one eventually with it gets sold to the builders to be built-on. 

Orbit 4 sell and/or operate database asset software to Fitness  Centres (used to be called Gyms in my younger days) to manage their equipment as financial assets (sound familiar?).  They are connected to a company with the name webuygymequipment.com although they do not appear to have any connection with the AEPG spiders web other than via Butterfield and/or his contacts.

Wherever you touch the Showground web, mid-2021 crops up as when almost everything was started to make it happen.

Having glanced through the Ag Soc's annual report 2023, it does mention something like "the sale of the Showground to AEPG" as though it is a done deal. It also describes successful negotiations (after the original deal with Bellway went wrong) with a builder/developer. 

But it's still shocking that an organisation with it's purpose, is facilitating building on land, something you'd think would be contrary to their principles as a charitable organisation.

Loud raspberries in their direction

• Like 2

1 hour ago, noaksey said:

Something that does concern me is the potential relaxation of planning laws by the incoming government.

Haven't the Labour party already alluded to this?

If you mean, they've said that's what they'll do, you're right.

But (I might suggest) take anything, any politician says in the next 5 weeks with a large pinch of salt.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

On 6/1/2024 at 8:45 PM, False dawn said:

If you mean, they've said that's what they'll do, you're right.

But (I might suggest) take anything, any politician says in the next 5 weeks with a large pinch of salt.

In the run up to an election if a politician's lips are moving you are probably hearing lies.

• Like 1

On 6/1/2024 at 7:18 PM, noaksey said:

Something that does concern me is the potential relaxation of planning laws by the incoming government.

Haven't the Labour party already alluded to this?

That doesn't mean they will just allow anything though, so I don't see any need to worry about that. Brown envelopes suit the current administration though and I'd be more worried about that.

6 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

That doesn't mean they will just allow anything though, so I don't see any need to worry about that. Brown envelopes suit the current administration though and I'd be more worried about that.

It was more a point about what might happen in the future if the current proposals are refused. 

27 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Wil the upcoming election change things?

Of course not. Labour wants more houses to be built. And, if a landowner does not want a third party use their property, there’s nothing you can do about it. Evidence: Arlington Stadium. Owners have said no speedway and that’s that. As a result Eastbourne eagles are extinct. Dead as a dodo. Panthers are the same.