British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Flappy

5 hours ago, OldNutter said:

While I was wandering through the planning portal looking how it was sitting within officialdom, I came across a list of important dates.  One that sprang out was "The Agreed Expiry Date Sun 31 Mar 2024 ".  Looking though Googledom it would seem that this date is important and signifies a seismic shift in the processes.  It is apparently the date after which the first full phase of the planning cycle has come to an end with no agreement between PCC and AEPG and the process moves into the Government Planning Inspectorate.

If that's the case then I think that they decided some while ago to go that route if necessary?

The September AEPG position was reported as: " Sale of the land is expected to be approved by Spring 2024, again subject to planning approval." - one assumes that that was based on that March timeline?

5 weeks later that had changed to: "This includes the area of land the grandstand occupies and as the ownership of the land is predicted to change sometime in 2024, there is no ability to commit to a 2024 Speedway Season."

3 hours ago, Flappy said:

I see the committee said there will be positive news coming soon after a meeting last night 

Yes I have seen the post also, I wonder what it could be, fingers crossed hey.

• Like 1

I wish Vadim Tarasenko all the best.

Hopefully Vadim quitting will burn a big hole in Buster's pocket once attendances drop after a few more batterings.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 hours ago, Pitch said:

Yes I have seen the post also, I wonder what it could be, fingers crossed hey.

I wouldn't get too excited at the moment. With AEPG making all of the noise for a good while now (and we await their next move) I suspect that we'll just push back against their waffle and vandalism and clarify a few points from the perspective of Peterborough Speedway and its consortium.

10 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

How can the newspaper report this unchallenged and without giving the other side of the story? Very poor

They just print what they are given. Throughout the whole process it has been pretty obvious that Butterfield & AEPG like a one way conversation where they tell you what the situation is without any critical questioning from anyone knows something about the East of England Showground, it's history and Peterborough Speedway etc.

To be fair, Butterfield did take some tough questions in his January radio interview. One particularly tough question came from a 12yo, along with others apparently also from schoolchildren ;)

Just a few questions - where are the school and doctors surgery going, how can he justify the comment about the EoES  not being the home of the Panthers when they have been there longer than he has been an adult and where does the £70K loss come from? 

Finally, can we vote for the first target at the indoor axe throwing in the indoor sports hall?

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

The Peterborough telegraph is notorious for believing anything the local village idiot is chiming on about, just need to read the comments and reaction on the facebook post to see no one actually believes it thankfully. A ‘leisure village’ is the go to term for developers when wanting to build another dump of a soulless housing estate basically.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

The Peterborough telegraph is notorious for believing anything the local village idiot is chiming on about, just need to read the comments and reaction on the facebook post to see no one actually believes it thankfully. A ‘leisure village’ is the go to term for developers when wanting to build another dump of a soulless housing estate basically.

It needs challenging, because too many people take it as fact, and believe that planning permission has been granted.

6 hours ago, Sir Sidney said:

It needs challenging, because too many people take it as fact, and believe that planning permission has been granted.

Don't worry about the monkey, go straight to the organ grinder on the PCC planning portal with additional comments if you've already objected, or just otherwise object if you haven't done so already. If AEPG do go to the Planning & Environmental Committe for June/July then a big push from the speedway fraternity (and others if they can be persuaded) for a couple of months can only help hopefully.

If you add additional comments then cite the source of your gripe if necessary and what it is that you disagree with. Be factual and keep the emotion to the minimum:

On 3/24/2024 at 8:54 PM, Crump99 said:

Here are the two links that will take you straight to the two planning applications that have been submitted for developing the Peterborough Showground to make comments and/or objections. You can comment on both applications.

https://planpa.peterborough.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=RSOMJ0MLIWV00

https://planpa.peterborough.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=makeComment&keyVal=RSXWVDML04U00

• Like 1

9 hours ago, OldNutter said:

Just a few questions - where are the school and doctors surgery going, how can he justify the comment about the EoES  not being the home of the Panthers when they have been there longer than he has been an adult and where does the £70K loss come from? 

Finally, can we vote for the first target at the indoor axe throwing in the indoor sports hall?

The £70k is pure fabrication to suit his agenda. The consortium will hopefully release a statement on Friday, once it has been reviewed by their legal team.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Crump99 said:

Don't worry about the monkey, go straight to the organ grinder on the PCC planning portal with additional comments if you've already objected, or just otherwise object if you haven't done so already. If AEPG do go to the Planning & Environmental Committe for June/July then a big push from the speedway fraternity (and others if they can be persuaded) for a couple of months can only help hopefully.

If you add additional comments then cite the source of your gripe if necessary and what it is that you disagree with. Be factual and keep the emotion to the minimum:

I've already objected, but am quite happy to add further comments. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Sir Sidney said:

I've already objected, but am quite happy to add further comments. 

I did the same. Can't do any harm as time moves on and the picture becomes clearer.

• Like 1