British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Flappy

Just now, Aries said:

Why all the cloak and dagger of posts being made on social media about offers being made, and then strangely deleted? Where is Tomalin?? Rathbone? CJ? Has any of them come out and said publicly that there’s a future still to fight for but Buster is putting kebosh on it all and won’t let it happen? Has any of those mentioned come out with concrete plans of what they’d like to fight for, what they plan to do and what is possible to achieve?

Agree. Not one person has stepped up with a statement, only Buster.. 

Mick Bratley doing everything he can, Gaining support on social media, Going on the radio consistently, Start petitions etc................Buster feck it don't bother.

To me it just reeks of someone getting paid off to recoup his losses to insure KL run until he eventually sells them.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, BanditsFan said:

RIP Peterborough Speedway

Best race track I’ve visited in this country. Very sad day!

Whole league is on the verge of collapse unfortunately.

Clubs should've bought their stadiums during the old SkySports Elite League Days, Missed the boat on that and now year by year clubs will bow out until their only 4 or 5 teams left in the country.

20 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

They forget that Tomalin promised to buy the club and buy land for a new stadium at the start of the season, knowing this would the their last, and the bring big sponsors in. What has the done.. Just raised the hopes of thousands of Panthers fans at the start of the season...For what ??

Yes I for one was reeled in by his hot air and promises but like his initials they have turned out to be MT.

• Like 1

Just now, TTT said:

Mick Bratley doing everything he can, Gaining support on social media, Going on the radio consistently, Start petitions etc................Buster feck it don't bother.

To me it just reeks of someone getting paid off to recoup his losses to insure KL run until he eventually sells them.

With all due respect to Mick Bratley, maybe he’s not privy to the information Keith Chapman has and so doesn’t know he’s wasting his time? Again I don’t know that’s the case and fair play to Mick he clearly loves his club and his Speedway. Maybe Keith Chapman has the information that all the protestations in the world won’t make a jot of difference and he’s effectively pi**ing in the wind?

• Like 1

Just now, Aries said:

With all due respect to Mick Bratley, maybe he’s not privy to the information Keith Chapman has and so doesn’t know he’s wasting his time? Again I don’t know that’s the case and fair play to Mick he clearly loves his club and his Speedway. Maybe Keith Chapman has the information that all the protestations in the world won’t make a jot of difference and he’s effectively pi**ing in the wind?

But it's not a waste of time there's clear wording in the plans that Panthers must have somewhere to ride IP30 and IP36. The club may need to leave the showground but should not be closing now that's what is making people angry 

• Like 3

Just now, Flappy said:

But it's not a waste of time there's clear wording in the plans that Panthers must have somewhere to ride IP30 and IP36. The club may need to leave the showground but should not be closing now that's what is making people angry 

And this is the crux of it. Where else are they going to go and who is funding it? 

2 minutes ago, Flappy said:

MT has got what he wanted. Will he step up. You tell me. He has a free hit.....

On 9/9/2023 at 8:51 PM, Crump99 said:

And in the programme he said that was cobblers: "There have been no offers; I can categorically assure you of that. Not one person has made an offer for the club. The only person I've spoken to was Michael last winter -- nobody else spoke to me about it or offered anything. If anyone did want to make me an offer, I wish they would have put it in writing, because I would have accepted it if it was anything sensible. So when I see that I've turned down two offers, I really wonder what people are trying to achieve by saying that."

If anyone wishes to dispute that then feel 

On 9/9/2023 at 9:09 PM, tellboy said:

If it was said on here it must be true:lol::nono:

Any one who truly know Ged and I will no we don’t tell lies….so I can assure you offers where made for the club and were declined 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, LittleMissChatterbox said:

I see Neil Watson has like your post, can either of you come out and say what the plan is/was had any offer been successful? Where did Ged plan to run Peterborough next season? Are they of a different opinion to Keith Chapman in that he thinks it’s entirely possible after all to run at the Showground again next year? If not where were they running?. So many questions so little answers!

Edited by Aries
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Aries said:

With all due respect to Keith Chapman, perhaps he could provide his analysis of why he thinks all the protestations in the world won't make a difference. 

If he did people could then make a judgement 

• Like 2