British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Flappy

5 hours ago, Racin Jason 72 said:

Or has Buster had a payment from the showground owners to leave without a fuss much like the Swindon situation 

No fight whatsoever, hes done a Terry Russell and accepted the brown envelope. Wouldn't surprise me if he brings out a statement saying speedway is not viable at the showground, playing right into the developers hands.

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

And in the programme he said that was cobblers: "There have been no offers; I can categorically assure you of that. Not one person has made an offer for the club. The only person I've spoken to was Michael last winter -- nobody else spoke to me about it or offered anything. If anyone did want to make me an offer, I wish they would have put it in writing, because I would have accepted it if it was anything sensible. So when I see that I've turned down two offers, I really wonder what people are trying to achieve by saying that."

If anyone wishes to dispute that then feel free.

I know people will say, "well why say it if you can't post it".  And i can't, but it annoys me reading some posts, when  i know what the situation was with both clubs at the start of the season. Buster has been let down at both clubs, thats all i can really say. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, eric i said:

No fight whatsoever, hes done a Terry Russell and accepted the brown envelope. Wouldn't surprise me if he brings out a statement saying speedway is not viable at the showground, playing right into the developers hands.

I'll be surprised if he did.

Just watched the BSN coverage from Thursday and every time they mentioned Peterborough's demise they kept prefixing it with the word "potentially". Buster says definitely everybody else says potentially... something dodgy going on

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, iainb said:

Just watched the BSN coverage from Thursday and every time they mentioned Peterborough's demise they kept prefixing it with the word "potentially". Buster says definitely everybody else says potentially... something dodgy going on

Might be due to the petition ect gathering momentum. There has been people  close to this saying a while ago, that  as it stands, this is the last season..

8 minutes ago, iainb said:

I agree, if Chapman is sure the club is going to shut why doesn't he sell the club that is about to become almost worthless. The rider assets could be transferred to Kings lynn, all he would be selling is the track, fence and tapes. He has either taken cash from the developers or he thinks they might be able to carry on.......I hope its the latter.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, eric i said:

I agree, if Chapman is sure the club is going to shut why doesn't he sell the club that is about to become almost worthless. The rider assets could be transferred to Kings lynn, all he would be selling is the track, fence and tapes. He has either taken cash from the developers or he thinks they might be able to carry on.......I hope its the latter.

No one wants it. MT said he did at the start of the season, i know this is true btw, and that fell through. People say he still wants it. TBH i don't think he does. If he wants it, he wants it for nothing imho. His buddy CJ said in a statement when he jacked, that they was looking for a new site, and that they have one waiting in the same statement. Make of it what you will. We will see soon enough i guess..

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

No one wants it. MT said he did at the start of the season, i know this is true, and that fell through. People say he still wants it. TBH i don't think he does. If he wants it, he wants it for nothing. 

What about the consortium that Mick Bratley said on the radio had approached him about taking the club over? Or Ged looking to get the club back, with Neil Watson involved? I’ve no insider info but there seems to be enough talk around to suggest there is truth in the stories that others are keen to take the club on…..

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bald Bloke said:

No one wants it. MT said he did at the start of the season, i know this is true, and that fell through. People say he still wants it. TBH i don't think he does. If he wants it, he wants it for nothing. 

yer but he might as well sell it for next to nothing if he can't be arsed to fight the cause it won't be worth much very soon.

2 minutes ago, Sully said:

What about the consortium that Mick Bratley said on the radio had approached him about taking the club over? Or Ged looking to get the club back, with Neil Watson involved? I’ve no insider info but there seems to be enough talk around to suggest there is truth in the stories that others are keen to take the club on…..

Well lets hear from these people.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, eric i said:

yer but he might as well sell it for next to nothing if he can't be arsed to fight the cause it won't be worth much very soon.

Looks like all it's worth now if it's going to close is what the air fence, and other fencing is worth, the shale, but most PB fans on here think it's crap anyway, the name maybe?, and any equipment that Buster owns. It has been said many months ago that if they shut the Showground they have to provide another venue. Although i've not heard this mentioned for a while now.. Who knows?

Edited by Bald Bloke

2 hours ago, Pitch said:

I think this must be the case. Also quite a while ago on here it was said that he declined an offer of his full asking price for the Panthers.

He might be in the dark ages, stubborn, and other things, but he's not stupid enough to turn down a full asking price offer.. 

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Flappy said:

We have and they're in this group 

Well i must of missed it Flappy.. There are only 2 people on this thread that might have me believing them tbh. I know you trying to help these save the Panthers, so you should know. I'm always open to a PM.

Edited by Bald Bloke

38 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Looks like all it's worth now if it's going to close is what the air fence, and other fencing is worth, the shale, but most PB fans on here think it's crap anyway, the name maybe?, and any equipment that Buster owns. It has been said many months ago that if they shut the Showground they have to provide another venue. Although i've not heard this mentioned for a while now.. Who knows?

I would be surprised if they bought more land for a speedway venue, it would probably be easier/cheaper for them to let them carry on as they are.

If the speedway is closed in a few weeks time we can expect Chapman to come out swinging with a campaign to save the Panthers if he goes out with a whimper we can assume hes taken the cash.

Edited by eric i
  • Like 2

Just now, eric i said:

I would be surprised if they bought more land for a speedway venue, it would probably be easier/cheaper for them to let them carry on as they are.

If the speedway is closed in a few weeks time we can expect Chapman to come out swinging with a campaign to save the Panthers if he goes out with whimper we can assume hes taken the cash.

So am i, but that's what TM said at the beginning of the season, and CJ said it again since,  when he jacked.