British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Flappy

4 minutes ago, pleasureboy60 said:

Shale? What shale? We've not had shale on the track since Chapman took over. 

Technically its more like grasstrack than speedway at the showground!

That explains why the riders tyres keep shredding then.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, pleasureboy60 said:

Shale? What shale? We've not had shale on the track since Chapman took over. 

Technically its more like grasstrack than speedway at the showground!

Really.. Where has all this clay he keeps getting blamed for come from..Does he dig it up from a field somewhere. I suspect not.

Edited by Bald Bloke

41 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Hasn't Chapman said enough times that he wants out? Every time Peterborough has been in this position over the years (when the infrastructure wasn't under threat) we were always told that there isn't a queue of buyers (usually one if you're lucky) lining up to take over the club. If Tomalin is interested, and I'm not convinced that he is, then Chapman's options are to at least take something for the pension fund (yes he may lose out a bit but that's far from certain and possibly based on a lengthy fight and pipe dream) or lose the only interest he's likely to get and end up with nothing.

I doubt if MT wants to pay anything at this stage, if he wants it at all, as you say.. Buster don’t want to give it away incase a new is has to be supplied. As is his right. If no venue is granted, then Buster can al least sell the clay, machinery and the air bags I suppose.

9 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I doubt if MT wants to pay anything at this stage, if he wants it at all, as you say.. Buster don’t want to give it away incase a new is has to be supplied. As is his right. If no venue is granted, then Buster can al least sell the clay, machinery and the air bags I suppose.

It'll be the latter IMO (although some may belong to the supporters club?) because nothing is going to happen without a fight and unless there is something that we don't know then I think that Chapman potentially did his negotiating last year and is just running the clock down without a fuss as agreed? Time will tell. It might change in a couple of weeks when we see the AEPG planning application.

34 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

didn't the supporters club purchase (some of) the airfence and machinery?

• Like 1

https://www.peterboroughtoday.co.uk/sport/other-sport/containment-could-be-the-order-of-the-day-for-peterborough-panthers-in-ko-cup-semi-final-at-ipswich-4136592

“Of the riders available, some are too expensive, others are not up to the standard we need, and others just do not want to ride in the UK, We are still trying as we do not want to continue with guests or rider replacement.”

Sounds just like what the fella at Kings Lynn said…funny that 

23 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

As frustrating as it is, I think you’ll have to be patient just a little while longer. A quality rider maybe available from June.

Too late and they use the excuse of too expensive 

23 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

As frustrating as it is, I think you’ll have to be patient just a little while longer. A quality rider maybe available from June.

Batchelor announcing his comeback In June ;)

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

If Buster can't afford a rider, and the sponsors can't or wont help any more than they have already, then what can he do.

Then tell the fans what is needed to be raised and ask them. Try being open and honest 

Oh and then after that try not to let the door hit you on the way out 

Edited by Flappy
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

If Buster can't afford a rider, and the sponsors can't or wont help any more than they have already, then what can he do.

Well he will lose money from the crowd levels going down the longer there is no replacement. So it really depends on which situation do you lose the most money? 

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Well he will lose money from the crowd levels going down the longer there is no replacement. So it really depends on which situation do you lose the most money? 

Plus when you're desperate and the world knows it, guess what happens? Supply and demand. 

Don't mess up the team in the first place and you're not desperate from the first night 

Edited by Flappy
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Mick Bratley said:

But that isn’t necessarily so. The development plans should make provision for a new facility according to the councils Peterborough local plan (LP30). Whether this happens or not is what we are all waiting to see when the development plans are published on the councils planning portal. If a new facility is included in some way then the owner has something tangible to sell, if a new facility is not included, then a long drawn out battle will undoubtedly commence.

I understand that, however this was the same kind of provision that Reading,Swindon & possibly Cradley had. Without the venue built it’s one hell of a gamble for a would be owner to take.

I’d love to see Peterborough survive but history shows that councils aren’t that good a holding developers to account.

it’s happen with developments in Ipswich where community projects were promised as part of a planning application but never materialised. 

once the housing is built the developers know that they can walk away without keeping to all the planning constraints. No council are going to make them pull down brand new housing.

If the showground developers had to build & get into operation the replacement venue before any housing is built then that would be a totally different situation. 

38 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Agree, can he win either way with the state the sport is in. Lynn's fans are down already from last season. I wouldn't like to be him at the mo.

42 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Plus when you're desperate and the world knows it, guess what happens? Supply and demand. 

Don't mess up the team in the first place and you're not desperate from the first night 

So you understand the problem he has then.

NP messed your team up on the first corner. 

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

So you understand the problem he has then.

NP messed your team up on the first corner. 

They messed the team up well before then.  The Pedersen situation hasn't helped granted but frankly it's not our problem as fans.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Although Chris Holder would still have picked up an injury, so would still need a replacement? Just not as early.