British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Flappy

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Sponsors are currently being asked by Buster to pay more and he'll sign Zagar within hours if they do.  

Tbh his is Matej Zagar with all due respect and hardly Artem Laguta. 

I think someone said over a week ago that Buster is on a budget, and a certain sponsor needs to step up after what he said before the season started.. I hope he does for your sake.  ;-)

2 minutes ago, chrismorton said:

If rider demands are a factor then I think they will lose more in gate receipts if they don't do something..

The thing is if they told us they had the possibility to sign X rider but needed to raise X amount of money speedway fans are the type to raise it. 

This shouldn't be the case but with sponsors being asked to stump up more it appears he's got the begging bowl out for anything over the Pedersen contract.

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I think someone said over a week ago that Buster is on a budget, and a certain sponsor needs to step up after what he said before the season started.. I hope he does for your sake.  ;-)

The crowds will be far higher currently than budgeted 

29 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

If I am correct we have not won a fixture home or away since beating Kings Lynn at home on July the 4th last year…14 fixtures…no wins 

That's some stat you don't want to read:o

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoeW436 said:

If I am correct we have not won a fixture home or away since beating Kings Lynn at home on July the 4th last year…14 fixtures…no wins 

Was thinking the other day whats the record number of matches lost in a row by any team in any league , but would the super heat matches still count as loses in this case as technically the actual match finished as a draw before the super heat was lost .

55 minutes ago, psycho3a said:

Im a little confused, talk of needing a cash sum to sign a number 1, surely there was a big stash of cash readily available for Nicki Pedersen as he would not have come cheap !!

Zagar is more expensive. I think the £3.5k that NP was reported to be on took the budget to the limit. Zagar then verbally agreed a deal, but came back wanting another £100 a point so it was reported. It don’t seem a lot but that would be around an extra £2000 out of the home crowds takings. Allowing for still having to pay the riders for their away meetings.

Edited by Bald Bloke

16 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Zagar is more expensive. I think the £3.5k that NP was reported to be on took the budget to the limit. Zagar then verbally agreed a deal, but came back wanting another £100 a point so it was reported. It don’t seem a lot but that would be around an extra £2000 out of the home crowds takings. Allowing for still having to pay the riders for their away meetings.

Surely you then tell Matej to do one and move on... surely his lower average than Nikki means he cant warrant paying more money... The issue is riders know Peterborough are desperate and will try to use that to hold them to ransom... would Matej Zagar seriously be a proper number one and be the answer, i cant imagine he would in my opinion, when previously rode in the UK he normally riders out of the number one spot !! 

Edited by psycho3a

Just now, psycho3a said:

Surely you then tell Matej to do one and move on... surely his lower average than Nikki means he cant warrant paying more money... The issue is riders know Peterborough are desperate and will try to use that to hold them to ransom... would Matej Zagar seriously be a proper number one and be the answer, i cant imagine he would in my opinion, when previously rode in the UK he normally riders out of the number one spot !!

That’s why Buster is getting stick on here, because I think he did, and the fans wasn’t happy. 

2 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

That’s why Buster is getting stick on here, because I think he did, and the fans wasn’t happy. 

Just looked in 2022 Zagar finished on a 7.20 average which placed him 11th in the list of riders in 2022 in the premiership !!

I actually agree that Buster is right to stick to his guns and principles, Matej Zagar is also too unreliable and unpredictable (In My Opinion)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

Hes correct to tell Zagar to do one , if you give Zagar what he wants he will just take the mickey with his performances knowing he's on a guarantee 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

I don’t think a hundred pound a point extra for Zagar would buy the club. I think that would pee Buster off..

He doesn't even get us the best available guests. Every guest this season has been riding number 4 for their team