British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Flappy

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Agree, Saw some Panthers fans actually make the journey to the NSS tonight and put up a Panthers flag on the BSN stream.

I was like.....Why on earth would anyone make that journey just to see a mauling.

Speedway fans. Some will support their club no matter what, other just want to see as much Speedway as possible. Both should be applauded imo 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

If he wants to become a world class rider, which I'm sure he does, he can't stay a second string forever. However it's early days, can can still reach his average this season.

No one said he should but he started last season as a reserve progression is to have a season at SS fhen onto HL , he needed to be paired this season with an experienced HL like NKI or Holder if he had joined to get the best from him but now the added expectation on him comes with the pressure he doesnt seem to deal with yet , when he went to #1 at Glasgow last season his performances dropped a bit as well , he's got the talent to get there but its better for him to progress at a steady pace IMO

On the subject of basso not handling the pressure…. 

My take on it is he was heavily relied upon last year and for what, us too finish bottom, would you seriously go out there putting it all on the line for us too and up with the wooden spoon because you are part of a p*ss poor team, because I know I wouldn’t 

7 hours ago, arnieg said:

I think the critisism of Basso is unfair. In a weak team more of him is expected  than he can deliver, and as a young upcoming (and very talented) rider he can't be expected to score big in every match.

Yep fair enough but he didn't finish ahead of a BV rider last night and that's not good enough for a rider if his talent. 

• Like 1

If Chapman cared for our club then he would sell now  but he doesn't and he's happy for it to go to the wall. Despicable man who is everything wrong with Speedway and why it's going to the dogs ! Fans should make their voices heard at the next home meeting aimed at the man who's destroying their club.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Purplepanthernotred said:

On the subject of basso not handling the pressure…. 

My take on it is he was heavily relied upon last year and for what, us too finish bottom, would you seriously go out there putting it all on the line for us too and up with the wooden spoon because you are part of a p*ss poor team, because I know I wouldn’t 

If I wanted to get paid yes 

20 minutes ago, Flappy said:

If I wanted to get paid yes 

I get that but there comes a point where you’d think why am i the only one seemingly trying, Hans is an absolute waste of time. Should have retired when we won the league. 

You still think Ben cook needs replacing??? Cuz I don’t 

31 minutes ago, Purplepanthernotred said:

I get that but there comes a point where you’d think why am i the only one seemingly trying, Hans is an absolute waste of time. Should have retired when we won the league. 

You still think Ben cook needs replacing??? Cuz I don’t 

To clarify I said Ben Cook isn't what we need now if it's our final season, we're essentially developing an Aussie for someone else. 

He's done fine but a really free scoring reserve he's not yet.

Just now, Flappy said:

To clarify I said Ben Cook isn't what we need now if it's our final season, we're essentially developing an Aussie for someone else. 

He's done fine but a really free scoring reserve he's not yet.

Still essentially punishing one of the few that’s put in some steady performances. And too your point, Craig cook isn’t a free scoring rider, who knows what he’s capable of from one meeting too the next, don’t need another unpredictable rider in a team full of unpredictable riders 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, TTT said:

Agree, Saw some Panthers fans actually make the journey to the NSS tonight and put up a Panthers flag on the BSN stream.

I was like.....Why on earth would anyone make that journey just to see a mauling.

It's the difference between being a "supporter" and a fan(atic)... which one are you?

6 minutes ago, iainb said:

It's the difference between being a "supporter" and a fan(atic)... which one are you?

Flip flop between the two as it stands.

I've got no interest in giving Buster another penny of my money but I'll gladly turn up every week if Tomalin owned the club.

• Like 1

This team is just as competitive as KL, Leicester and Wolves and it would resolve all of our current team issues.

1. Matej Zagar

2. Craig Cook

3. Rohan Tungate

4. Ben Basso

5. Niels-Kristian Iversen

6. Ben Cook

7. Jordan Jenkins (RS)

Edited by TTT

1 hour ago, Purplepanthernotred said:

Still essentially punishing one of the few that’s put in some steady performances. And too your point, Craig cook isn’t a free scoring rider, who knows what he’s capable of from one meeting too the next, don’t need another unpredictable rider in a team full of unpredictable riders 

Exactly

15 minutes ago, JoeW436 said:

Ben Cook over Craig Cook any day of the week, if that change was made then they most certainly have lost the plot 

Exactly #2!

14 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Ok Craig Cook for Hans Andersen then 

Why anyone wants him in their team is beyond me. Will just cause more issues imo. Apparently Glasgow has more team spirit this year and look Craig Cook isn't there. Hmmmm....