masters

kurtz

nki

thats a good basis of improving the league 

What an absolutely disgraceful post. 

Kasprzak is better than all these 'Wet Wipes'. :mad:

• Haha 4

3 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Drew Kemp is another example. He recently admitted he was told not to sign for anyone else as he was guaranteed a ride for a club, but then was let down by that club who signed someone else and left him without a ride. He could have named that club, but to his credit he didn’t do that and kept it professional. Holder could learn a thing or two by someone over ten years his junior!

3 hours ago, 89buttons said:

Why protects clubs/management who treat riders so unprofessionally themselves tho?? If they’re not exposed and held to account by the riders who’s going to? If no one does they’ll carry on just taking michael

My thoughts indeed, means the club can just do the same thing again & again! I'm sure it wouldn't have harmed Kemp's relationship with the club if he politely pointed out they offered him a spot, but then picked someone else?

7 hours ago, Aries said:

Not in their best interest really. Clubs might be wary of signing riders who air their dirty laundry in public. 

In normal working life if I’ve worked/dealt with someone whose been totally unprofessional and screwed me over I’m going to warn friends and colleagues about said companies behaviour

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

In normal working life if I’ve worked/dealt with someone whose been totally unprofessional and screwed me over I’m going to warn friends and colleagues about said companies behaviour

Exactly,why hide behind reality,that’s the problem with the world today, say what u want especially the truths,that in turn exposes the crubs to all in sport or life in general

1 hour ago, 89buttons said:

That’s fine, this is a bit different though isn’t it? He hasn’t just warned friends and colleagues has he

20 minutes ago, Spiderman1 said:

Exactly,why hide behind reality,that’s the problem with the world today, say what u want especially the truths,that in turn exposes the crubs to all in sport or life in general

Nah. Can you imagine if everyone who felt hard done by decided to go on instagram or any kind of social media to slag off whoever it was they were annoyed about, and in turn ruin that club/persons upcoming publicity promotion of their new gear? They’d be carnage. It would literally be happening every day,,,Thankfully that doesn’t happen it’s just Holder being a dick which isn’t surprising is it? There’s 2 sides to every story and this is clearly a case of wires crossed. There seems to be a power struggle going on at Peterborough at the moment than nobody knows the full details of. Holder was never riding in a Buster team, maybe the new sponsor got a little ahead of himself and thought he could do a deal but jumped the gun and has had to backtrack? Hardly crime of the century is it? Holder may feel upset and annoyed sure, but take it on the chin like a man and stop acting like a bellend. 

Edited by Aries
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

41 minutes ago, Aries said:

Nah. Can you imagine if everyone who felt hard done by decided to go on instagram or any kind of social media to slag off whoever it was they were annoyed about, and in turn ruin that club/persons upcoming publicity promotion of their new gear? They’d be carnage. It would literally be happening every day,,,Thankfully that doesn’t happen it’s just Holder being a dick which isn’t surprising is it? There’s 2 sides to every story and this is clearly a case of wires crossed. There seems to be a power struggle going on at Peterborough at the moment than nobody knows the full details of. Holder was never riding in a Buster team, maybe the new sponsor got a little ahead of himself and thought he could do a deal but jumped the gun and has had to backtrack? Hardly crime of the century is it? Holder may feel upset and annoyed sure, but take it on the chin like a man and stop acting like a bellend. 

If it was someone like a Dan Bewley or Max Fricke (lads who seem to carry themselves in the right way) teeing off on social media then I probably would take them for what they are saying, but since it’s Holder who has a history of throwing his toys out the pram it makes me think there was two side to this story 

11 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Wouldn’t expect you to say anything else Lisa, Holder will do no wrong in your eyes. You think this sort of thing doesn’t go on all the time? Don’t be naive of course it does. Not everyone lights the blue touch paper and blabs on social media though. Your lot for instance signed a rider last winter that had already signed for someone else months earlier. It’s business, it happens. 

They've done it again to Plymouth this winter too allegedly.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Aries said:

1 hour ago, JoeW436 said:

If it was someone like a Dan Bewley or Max Fricke (lads who seem to carry themselves in the right way) teeing off on social media then I probably would take them for what they are saying, but since it’s Holder who has a history of throwing his toys out the pram it makes me think there was two side to this story 

Yeah, 'cos Buster has never done anything like that has he, always been a model professional. :rofl: People see what they want to see.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, wtf said:

Yeah, 'cos Buster has never done anything like that has he, always been a model professional. :rofl: People see what they want to see.

It's my way or no way with Buster, but then again if it's his money thats going out then who can blame him, dint he have a little spat with Craig Cook a couple of seasons back when he was signed than replaced from the original 1-7 over summit to do with the colour of his kevlars or the sponsors he had wanted on them.

• Like 1

There has been literally hundreds, and I mean hundreds of riders who have ridden for Buster over the years without issues. Who over the years have supporters generally disliked the most because of their whinging amongst other things? Doyle has never been too popular with supporters other than fans of the team he’s ridden for,, same for Rory Schlein (or slime as fans liked to call him), Tungate, Batchelor, Jack Holder, Chris Holder,, bit of a theme there no?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

47 minutes ago, wtf said:

I don't think anyone would try and arge that Buster isn't difficult or doesn't have his faults but as Aries says hundreds of riders have ridden  for him without any issues and only two riders acted like brats in that night in July 2017.

As I've said before despite the situation looking bad I think P'boro have had a lucky escape.

• Like 2

Busters not perfect, Nobody is but it was obvious from Day 1 that Holder was never going to be at Peterborough if Buster was still here.

Like Bagpuss has just said, Despite the situation looking bad I think we've had a lucky escape.

Nicki Pedersen at 1 imo (I'll stick with what I've been told and it's the most likely route imo) but I wouldn't be shocked if Artem Laguta turns out to be our No.1 because if Emil is allowed to ride then Artem would be allowed too.

I can see a scenario where Artem and Emil would be cheaper than usual as they'll lower financial demands just for the extra track time imo because they'll need to get up to speed again with as much competitive racing as possible considering one Polish fixture per week isn't enough for any rider (Sweden are still banning them from competing in the Bahaus-Ligan regardless of licenses, passports, citizenship etc.)

Edited by TTT

Chapman needs to p1ss off out the club. Didn't he only buy it because the top league needed a certain amount of clubs when he was chairman?

He did his job, now go. 

Tomalin seems to have the passion and money behind him to move the club forward. Chapman is a dinosaur and the club won't last long if he's in charge for much longer. Can you really see Chapman going to the council and fighting for the future of the club and putting ideas for a new stadium in front of them? How a bloke like this was in charge of the sport sums it up I'm afraid.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Chris said:

Chapman needs to p1ss off out the club. Didn't he only buy it because the top league needed a certain amount of clubs when he was chairman?

He did his job, now go. 

Tomalin seems to have the passion and money behind him to move the club forward. Chapman is a dinosaur and the club won't last long if he's in charge for much longer. Can you really see Chapman going to the council and fighting for the future of the club and putting ideas for a new stadium in front of them? How a bloke like this was in charge of the sport sums it up I'm afraid.

Given that 2023 looked unlikely to happen at all at one point and 2024 is a pipe dream (If you think that Tomalin is the answer and PCC will be supportive then you may need to revisit that) then I'd enjoy the moment and be a bit more supportive of those putting in the time, effort & money in to give you speedway to watch and attend in the coming season. (just made bratters spit out his coffee :D )

Yes it's a cock up and has all of the business skill and communication output of a secondary school project but that's speedway, who's surprised?

As Peterborough fans we know all too well what happens when you get an owner/promoter who wants to take the sport up a notch and take it in to the real world.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, kevin bass said:

It's my way or no way with Buster, but then again if it's his money thats going out then who can blame him, dint he have a little spat with Craig Cook a couple of seasons back when he was signed than replaced from the original 1-7 over summit to do with the colour of his kevlars or the sponsors he had wanted on them.

Cook signed , but he pulled out on press and practice day.  

9 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Given that 2023 looked unlikely to happen at all at one point and 2024 is a pipe dream (If you think that Tomalin is the answer and PCC will be supportive then you may need to revisit that) then I'd enjoy the moment and be a bit more supportive of those putting in the time, effort & money in to give you speedway to watch and attend in the coming season. (just made bratters spit out his coffee :D )

Yes it's a cock up and has all of the business skill and communication output of a secondary school project but that's speedway, who's surprised?

As Peterborough fans we know all too well what happens when you get an owner/promoter who wants to take the sport up a notch and take it in to the real world.

So speedway for the sake of it over any kind of ambition because we've been burnt before? 

As for 2024 I agree don't expect anything from PCC it'll need deep pockets or it's end 

2 minutes ago, Flappy said:

So speedway for the sake of it over any kind of ambition because we've been burnt before? 

As for 2024 I agree don't expect anything from PCC it'll need deep pockets or it's end 

It's been like that since Chapman took over though so why are people kicking off now. His prime objective is/was sustainability & cost above success and popularity. It could be said that he succeeds. It's yours and others choice whether they support/pay for that, clearly enough do.