British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Flappy

49 minutes ago, Flappy said:

The team that starts the season will be below, the team that finishes it will depend on performance and the takeover:

it's not a bad team and does look stronger than last season.  Actually think it makes the play offs.

The NP signing will take the heat off of buster for sure and buy them some time to sort everything else out.

Pedersen

Andersen

Basso 

Worrall 

NKI

Cook 

Jenkins 

Basso will struggle there

2 hours ago, TTT said:

Buster making Holder splash out on a race suit knowing full well he wasn't going to be in the side and then leaving the BSF ITK's to notify everyone that Holder is out is a brutal revenge plot.

Buster is a savage tbh.

The club would be the ones splashing out on a race suit - especially given it’s completely dropped the red element of the usual Panthers design to incorporate all the purple of Tomalin’s company. 

It’s a pretty sorry mess and the typical scenario where nobody really wins. Chapman ends up looking like a d!ck, Holder ends up looking like a d!ck and left without a British side. Nobody really wins. On the flip side I hope Pedersen comes in to replace him as regards of what some have said and his injuries he is absolute box office. 

2 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Kinda puts Ben Cook in an awkward position? Considering he's friends with Chris. Maybe he should have chosen a different club! :blink:

i wouldn't be surprised if Ben chose Peterborough thinking Holder was in

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bald Bloke said:

Two sides to every story. Buster gave Holder a job after Poole dumped him because of a high average.. He let Buster down the fans down, his team mates and himself down that night. He didn't give a toss. 

Can't agree with Buster at all here, dropping Holder is fine, that's his prerogative but to only announce it after the transfer window has closed is childish & unprofessional! 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Najjer said:

The club would be the ones splashing out on a race suit - especially given it’s completely dropped the red element of the usual Panthers design to incorporate all the purple of Tomalin’s company. 

It’s a pretty sorry mess and the typical scenario where nobody really wins. Chapman ends up looking like a d!ck, Holder ends up looking like a d!ck and left without a British side. Nobody really wins. On the flip side I hope Pedersen comes in to replace him as regards of what some have said and his injuries he is absolute box office. 

How? He is allowed to be annoyed, and Aussie's tend to very vocal with situations like these. Is Josh Pickering the only Aussie Buster hasn't had a problem with??

Maybe he should realise the problem isn't them, it is most likely, him?? :unsure:

Edit - also noticed Batch commented on it pretty quickly! 

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Can't agree with Buster at all here, dropping Holder is fine, that's his prerogative but to only announce it after the transfer window has closed is childish & unprofessional! 

It could be said the same of Holder I guess.. He ruined the season for the Stars that year. We are all entitled to our opinion, that’s the good thing about the forum

Edited by Bald Bloke

3 minutes ago, Bald Bloke said:

It could be said the same of Holder I guess.. He ruined the season for the Stars that year. We are all entitled to our opinion, that’s the good thing about the forum

A rider refusing to ride on a track he thinks is dangerous, has to be the best excuse available for not racing 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

How? He is allowed to be annoyed, and Aussie's tend to very vocal with situations like these. Is Josh Pickering the only Aussie Buster hasn't had a problem with??

Maybe he should realise the problem isn't them, it is most likely, him?? :unsure:

He ends up looking like a d!ck because instead of a well worded statement, he’s sabotaged the launch of the new team colours out of spite and comes across as totally unprofessional. He’s got every right to feel aggrieved but have some respect.

I never really liked Holder when he was at world champion standard but have grown to quite like him over the last couple of seasons in Poland - but you see things like this and remember why I disliked him before.

Edited by Najjer
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I am a big fan of Chris Holder, chatted to him at the play off final meeting, my daughter used to a big fan too, probably for different reasons!! I was at that particular meeting at Kings Lynn and if I was a Kings Lynn fan, I would also be appalled and disgusted by their actions that night and I don't blame Buster for being unforgiving especially as all our team didn't seem to have any issues with the track including Jack Holder. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

I am a big fan of Chris Holder, chatted to him at the play off final meeting, my daughter used to a big fan too, probably for different reasons!! I was at that particular meeting at Kings Lynn and if I was a Kings Lynn fan, I would also be appalled and disgusted by their actions that night and I don't blame Buster for being unforgiving especially as all our team didn't seem to have any issues with the track including Jack Holder. 

How many years ago though? Life really is too short to hold grudges this long! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Doolan

Kozza

Rusty Harrison

Masters

Glenn Doyle

Shane Parker

Crump 

Adams

Travis McGowan

Boyce

Generally any who don't think they are Bertie Big Balls. Even Darcy had a season without falling out with him. 

Wouldn't for a second pretend that Buster is easy to work with or for (and if you p!ss him off you're toast) but Ben Cook would be advised to get his head down and do his job I'd have thought. He can learn a hell of a lot from Iversen, Pedersen & Andersen if he does.

• Like 2

Just now, Bagpuss said:

Doolan

Kozza

Rusty Harrison

Masters

Glenn Doyle

Shane Parker

Crump 

Adams

Travis McGowan

Boyce

Generally any who don't think they are Bertie Big Balls. Even Darcy had a season without falling out with him. 

Wouldn't for a second pretend that Buster is easy to work with or for (and if you p!ss him off you're toast) but Ben Cook would be advised to get his head down and do his job I'd have thought. He can learn a hell of a lot from Iversen, Pedersen & Andersen if he does.

Masters? As in Sam Masters? The same one who has liked/favourited Chris Holder's Instagram post. Actually a few respected riders have liked it as well. 

17 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

A rider refusing to ride on a track he thinks is dangerous, has to be the best excuse available for not racing 

It wasn't so much the refusal but the way Holder and Batchelor went about it and held the fans who paid their wages in complete and utter contempt. All parties conducted themselves poorly that night.

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

How many years ago though? Life really is too short to hold grudges this long! 

That I would agree with. 

• Like 1