British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Flappy

2 hours ago, Pitch said:

Richie Worrall scored paid 10, paid 9, & paid 9 on his three visits to the showground last season. Surely that is good consistent scoring. 

Depends whether you've looked at who he beat and factor in how pants Panthers were last season. Is 2022 alone good measure?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pitch said:

Richie Worrall scored paid 10, paid 9, & paid 9 on his three visits to the showground last season. Surely that is good consistent scoring. 

8 minutes ago, Crump99 said:

Depends whether you've looked at who he beat and factor in how pants Panthers were last season. Is 2022 alone good measure?

I agree using 2022 form doesn't tell the whole story of Richie's form around Alwalton, as Panthers were weak. However had he scored 3 or 4 points each visit, I could understand people being negative towards his signing, but he didn't, he scored well.

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bigcatdiary said:

If Worrall was good Lynn would have kept him

That's an odd argument given that riders move around teams all the time from one season to another.  No point giving the 100+ examples to illustrate.  Andersen was rubbish but Boro are keeping him. 

2 hours ago, SPEEDY69 said:

Worrall is not a bad signing, Andersen is but no-one will know for sure until the season starts.

I'd agree with that. Worrall is a solid middle order rider. Last season in his last 10 away meetings he won the same amount of races as Lawson and Picko. I believe he was in the 1to 5 as well. Not an earth shattering signing, but one that is reliable and should keep his average imho.

• Like 4

Keep the faith in Richie Worrall, Leicester stepping up this season too and that's another technical place he goes very well at.

Richie's scores at Sheffield last season were the following which proves he can score points on a big track away from Home against a very solid side too.

6+1 @ No.3

7+2 @ No.4

9+1 @ No.3

Edited by TTT
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

If Worrall was that good Lynn would have kept him

Only got released due to the numbers game as KL needed a HL.

Picko was a lock for one of the second string berths and TJ only got the other spot out of loyalty.

TJ is KL's version of the Hans Andersen / Panthers situation where the rider gets a gig at the club every season no matter how he performs on track.

Edited by TTT
  • Like 1

I'd have taken Richie at Leicester for sure. I think he's only 30ish and some riders are peaking later than previous times before...I think there is a little bit more to come from Richie for sure. He's no bomber but certainly ain't no mug. Keep the faith panthers...looking forward to you coming to the lions den.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, bigcatdiary said:

If Worrall was that good Lynn would have kept him

4 hours ago, maneacat said:

So solid Lyn moved him on?  

He can probably consider himself a little unfortunate, in terms of his average he's in a similar bracket to Jorgensen, MPT and Pickering and personally I'd have been happy to see him back either in a slightly different team structure or in place of Jorgensen. Other than a few frustrating performances I thought he was decent last year. He probably is bang average in that he averages between six and seven but you know what you are getting. 

The issue will be Andersen if he ends up in the side.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TTT said:

Keep the faith in Richie Worrall, Leicester stepping up this season too and that's another technical place he goes very well at.

Richie's scores at Sheffield last season were the following which proves he can score points on a big track away from Home against a very solid side too.

6+1 @ No.3

7+2 @ No.4

9+1 @ No.3

Usually  u build your team around your No1...Then see what uve got  left down the order ..if uve got Andersen in why get B.Cook in so early when uve got more points to play with at the end ....39 is the limit and u need to get as close as poss.....

2 hours ago, FishersGate said:

I'd have taken Richie at Leicester for sure. I think he's only 30ish and some riders are peaking later than previous times before...I think there is a little bit more to come from Richie for sure. He's no bomber but certainly ain't no mug. Keep the faith panthers...looking forward to you coming to the lions den.

R.Worrall is a steady signing ...will score 6 or 7 at most tracks...

55 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

He can probably consider himself a little unfortunate, in terms of his average he's in a similar bracket to Jorgensen, MPT and Pickering and personally I'd have been happy to see him back either in a slightly different team structure or in place of Jorgensen. Other than a few frustrating performances I thought he was decent last year. He probably is bang average in that he averages between six and seven but you know what you are getting. 

There's a rumour doing the rounds that Andersen has also now been Bustered 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Flappy said:

There's a rumour doing the rounds that Andersen has also now been Bustered 

Obviously a hypothetical, but could it be possible that Tomlin have been shocked by how much rider's would cost him?? 

All these rumoured signings then not come to fruition can't just be down to Buster. 

Two sides to every story. 

Tomlin threw in the "Big I Am" tornado & left behind total devastation

25 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

I just don't get the criticism of signing Worrall. Hans Andersen's signing is way more baffling considering the team will be 2 points under the average. 

Worrall is a steady signing....u would of thort if they was having H.Andersson from the start why sign B.Cook so early ...You could  have had Hans at no 6 then ....useful  there ... not so good in the 1..5...

2 hours ago, Bagpuss said:

It’s more like between five and six than between six and seven if his recent averages are anything to go by. 5.60, 5.22 and 5.51 in the recent seasons before last season’s 6.31

1 hour ago, Daniel Smith said:

I just don't get the criticism of signing Worrall. Hans Andersen's signing is way more baffling considering the team will be 2 points under the average. 

Probably not met with much enthusiasm because of the figures above. His 6.31 possibly looking a little expensive and not likely to see any improvement. I’ve listed a few riders of similar standard that every team has in their middle order, problem is when you have more than one of them which Peterborough MIGHT have if Andersen also signs. That can be negated somewhat if you have a couple of real quality bit hitters so Peterborough are gonna need a top rider at 1 I think. If they get one then I still think they’ll be in the mix for a play off spot. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Thanks 1