British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Flappy

21 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

Yes he did. Wagstaff bought the club & changed us to "The Silver Machine" & eventually drove the club bust. Buster had to buy the Speedway rights back. 

Being a stadium owner doesn't automatically mean you own the Speedway club. 

Oh is that right 

1 hour ago, Gasser90 said:

I don’t understand all this “closing in on a major heat leader “ Carl has said numerous times that the 7 riders are all signed and suits are being made etc, you’ve either signed all your riders or you haven’t ! The club needs to make their mind up ! 

He has indeed

16 minutes ago, Pinny said:

Have you read any of it? 

Given that he started the thread and is a poster on speed (not literally to avoid confusion) I'd guess that he's read all of it. I couldn't make out what's pathetic about it either. Most of social media is pathetic anyway and forums have been speedway's devil incarnate for 25 years or more. Everyone knows what they are going to get don't they? It's often puerile nonsense so surely that's the starting point if you choose to read?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

Speaking to him a couple years ago he wanted 200 grand for it. Lol

200 grand two years ago is a fantasy figure even then - but now with the uncertainty surrounding the long term future even 10 grand could be money  down the drain. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Gasser90 said:

That’s what I was thinking but they got rid of holder before Carl did the radio interview last week and before the speedway star came out this week…. All a bit confusing 

Has it been confirmed anywhere that Holder is definitely not part of the Peterborough team?