British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Flappy

35 minutes ago, Flappy said:

If they've salvaged the team by adding Pedersen and Tungate then we'll have a good season. 

If however they're well under the limit to track a team then I'm afraid they need to get both barrels 

100% agree.

• Like 1

Tomalin's money therefore Tomalin should have the final say on matters.

Busters basically telling Tomalin what he can spend his own money on and that's wrong tbh, If the team is way below Tomalin's standards then I won't be putting any of the blame on Michael and neither should anyone else because it's easy to point fingers at the newbie. Chris Holder would've been at Peterborough 100% if Tomalin owned the club.

Pressure is all on Buster to deliver a big hitter considering he's the sole reason for the Holder situation, Buster has only taken his own personal feelings into consideration rather than his colleagues feelings as well as the fans feelings.

Replacing Chris Holder with a rider like Craig Cook isn't going to wash, Needs to be an adequate replacement who can score big as a HL. 

Big end of the week coming up and I'll stick my neck out and say that everything will be alright in the end. Final 3 prediction (Pedersen, Worrall & Andersen) want Tungate but I can see Buster calling the final shot again by remaining loyal to one of his 2022 KL Stars riders.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Redpanther said:

Would it be any surprise at all if it was another week with nothing announced, wouldn’t me 

Carl Johnson did say multiple announcements this week but yes I wouldn't be shock if it didn't happen considering how this winter has gone.

26 minutes ago, TTT said:

Tomalin's money therefore Tomalin should have the final say on matters.

Busters basically telling Tomalin what he can spend his own money on and that's wrong tbh, If the team is way below Tomalin's standards then I won't be putting any of the blame on Michael and neither should anyone else because it's easy to point fingers at the newbie. Chris Holder would've been at Peterborough 100% if Tomalin owned the club.

Pressure is all on Buster to deliver a big hitter considering he's the sole reason for the Holder situation, Buster has only taken his own personal feelings into consideration rather than his colleagues feelings as well as the fans feelings.

Replacing Chris Holder with a rider like Craig Cook isn't going to wash, Needs to be an adequate replacement who can score big as a HL. 

Big end of the week coming up and I'll stick my neck out and say that everything will be alright in the end. Final 3 prediction (Pedersen, Worrall & Andersen) want Tungate but I can see Buster calling the final shot again by remaining loyal to one of his 2022 KL Stars riders.

Replace Holder with Cook:   how things have turned around from replacing Cook with Summers and the logo colour excuse

Cant see MT taking to kindly to being told what to do with his money especially as a big business owner himself 

Edited by scoobydoo
  • Like 2

Sorry Peterborough fans but you're all being bl00dy deluded. 

You're basically asking Buster to hand over the club for free just because Tomlin's willing to pay all the costs. 

That's not how business works.

This isn't on Buster. If Tomlin wants full control of Peterborough Panthers for 2023 he has to BUY the club. 

Not a Buster fan at all but he's 100% right to make a stand here. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

There needs to be some context to this whole situation. 

While Tomlin wants to build his 'winning team' what is he wanting in return? Gate receipts? Other sponsor finances etc. 

I just can't see Tomlin wanting to outlay the signing on fees & wages for 3 of the 4 rider's from Iversen, Pedersen, Tungate, Holder without returns. 

Buster, who owns the club, is responsible for stadium rents & match day bills, i.e. electric, track, fuel, tyres etc. How does Buster recover his finances? 

100%, the EoES bills & Tomlin's team cannot be covered by gate receipts alone. 

I just think we're at a situation of stalemate between the 2 parties, in the fact that Buster (rightly so) is not willing to take losses. It's at the point that Tomlin will have to buy the club for what Buster wants or put together a weakened team so 1 or both don't end up with significant losses. 

If Tomlin doesn't buy now, Buster knows he's getting no return from Peterborough Panthers come the end of the 2023 season. An 'absolute' total loss from his initial takeover. So for the 2023 season Buster will want some return himself. Again, (rightly so) Buster has every right to be sure that the team & stadium costs are covered without significant loss. 

Better put than i could... :t:. Some people seem to forget the title winning side he gave them, and want him to pee off because someone has a bit of money. Buy the club and you can you as you please would be my answer to anyone trying to take over.

19 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

You're basically asking Buster to hand over the club for free just because Tomlin's willing to pay all the costs. 

This isn't on Buster. If Tomlin wants full control of Peterborough Panthers for 2023 he has to BUY the club. 

I don't agree with everything you say, but 2 great posts on the subject imho. Buy it, or sponsor it....:t:

Agree with the Lynn lot here, I’m sure the sponsorship money is very welcome, but it doesn’t then give you the right to sign riders/build the team. That’s down to the club owner. 

Guy Nicholls’ sponsorship is very welcome at Ipswich also, but he doesn’t build the team Chris Louis does. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Pedersen, Andersen and Worrall still wouldn't be acceptable it leaves Basso as a heat leader and a rider than none of the management except one wants 

Basso ave is as good as other no 3s in the league ...maybe lacks experience  tho ...He's  got talent...Cook should  do ok at no 6 ...

49 minutes ago, Daniel Smith said:

Nigel Wagstaff didn’t buy the club when he ran the speedway at Kings Lynn for a couple of years.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

Cook is in at P'borough....

I think you are talking about Ben and topaz about Craig.

At the end if the day there's lots of speculation and supposition on here about what's going on but I suspect only the two men involved and perhaps one or two others know all the facts. Easy to sling accusations and theories around without being informed.

One thing I would say is that we are talking about two successful and presumably hard nosed businessmen, it's little surprise there's a deadlock if indeed that is the case.

1 hour ago, Flappy said:

Pedersen, Andersen and Worrall still wouldn't be acceptable it leaves Basso as a heat leader and a rider than none of the management except one wants 

Tungate's average is lower than Basso's as well so he's got to ride at 3 either way.

We really do need Tungate though. Andersen & Worrall combo doesn't give us any strength at second string.

9 minutes ago, bigcatdiary said:

Nigel Wagstaff didn’t buy the club when he ran the speedway at Kings Lynn for a couple of years.

Yes he did. Wagstaff bought the club & changed us to "The Silver Machine" & eventually drove the club bust. Buster had to buy the Speedway rights back. 

Being a stadium owner doesn't automatically mean you own the Speedway club.