British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Flappy

8 hours ago, TTT said:

Don’t know how anyone else feels but imo if we had a Superstar like Nicki P then surely you’d announce him in a separate PR?

All three in one go could mean that the final three aren’t anything to get excited about.

Exactly ....If you had signed a top no 1 rider ...ud want to tell everyone ...Especially  with season tickets available....

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Andersen basically confirmed. Be patient Peterborough Panthers fans, new riders are on the way! | Peterborough Telegraph (peterboroughtoday.co.uk)

Johnson insists all is progressing behind the scenes and they are working towards finalising matters for what should be a new-look line-up with at least four new faces compared to last year.

Looks like Andersen...

1 hour ago, TTT said:

Andersen basically confirmed. Be patient Peterborough Panthers fans, new riders are on the way! | Peterborough Telegraph (peterboroughtoday.co.uk)

Johnson insists all is progressing behind the scenes and they are working towards finalising matters for what should be a new-look line-up with at least four new faces compared to last year.

Andersen will probably be in the team but he's certainly not confirmed in that press release. In fact, reading it carefully means his place is still open to doubt….That's if you believe it, of course.

It says at least four new faces which could mean five (or even more), so that means no more than three retained from last year.

Basso and Jenkins are two confirmed and Andersen would be the third if there are four new faces, but out of the team if there are more.

Edited by Panthers70

38 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Actually not sure about Leicester. In the past they’re definitely brought the best away following! Well supported. 

Agree to a point. Once the team is announced not sure any amount of interviews will provide the same amount of interest as outstanding team members will. But, in this day and age there’s no reason why clubs and promoters can’t do a weekly or even monthly, blog on official social media with the latest updates on club matters even if it’s not team related. For instance, Louis at Ipswich told folks who attended the supporters club thingy that they were hoping to stage the much loved 16 lapper this year, as well as adding banking to the track etc. anyone who didn’t attend would have no idea of that, why isn’t it on the official website? It should be. As you say, it’s really not hard to do. 

I agree, it’s not hard to do at last one good story a week, news this year has been dreadful.

And people wonder why the sport is in the mess it is.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Flappy said:

Carl Johnson was on the radio saying panthers sell the most season tickets in the league 

Impossible to say what that means, given that such info remains top secret throughout the sport.

Johnson, Sunak, Raab, Zahawi, etc. would be delighted at the openness and transparency of the BSPA/L.

7 minutes ago, Roger Jacobs said:

Impossible to say what that means, given that such info remains top secret throughout the sport.

Johnson, Sunak, Raab, Zahawi, etc. would be delighted at the openness and transparency of the BSPA/L.

Not really impossible to those that don’t just attend home meetings, but follow their team on the road and use their own eyes. It’s very easy to see what clubs are well supported and which ones aren’t. 

28 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Johnson also confirms panthers have 21 acres at Fengate put aside for when we leave the showground but awaiting on funding through a clause of them leaving the showground 

They will need a hell of a lot more money as well as the funding, I believe the club have been told they can take the grandstand with them but they need to pay to have it taken down and rebuilt at new site, fingers crossed the club can secure some new sponsors from engineering companies or something that could help with it all 

Doubt very much they could use  the Grandstand again as it's built of brick/ block is it not and the metalwork for the roof more than likely not up to the required standards for todays building requirements , all its good for is the floodlights and maybe seats but there very ancient, thats unless sentiment comes into play

Edited by scoobydoo

34 minutes ago, PhilTheAce said:

This is like a world heavyweight boxing match between gasser and flappy. 

which team is right. Who’s going to get the knockout. 
place your bets below 

Ha I give up now, I had the team nailed but since buster threw his toys out the pram and wouldn’t sign holder it could be anyone now. I’m going to put it out there and say 

pedersen

andersen

tungate 

basso

NKI

cook

jenkins

Don’t even know if the numbers work and it fits but anything other than that team…. We don’t make the playoffs 

1 hour ago, scoobydoo said:

Doubt very much they could use  the Grandstand again as it's built of brick/ block is it not and the metalwork for the roof more than likely not up to the required standards for todays building requirements , all its good for is the floodlights and maybe seats but there very ancient, thats unless sentiment comes into play

Yeah obviously not the brick work but I think they can have the steels/roof/ seats. I don’t know who owns the floodlights but they will take the shale, probably try and re use the fence panels known them.! 

27 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

Yeah obviously not the brick work but I think they can have the steels/roof/ seats. I don’t know who owns the floodlights but they will take the shale, probably try and re use the fence panels known them.! 

The Floodlights at the showground are about as much use as a chocolate fireguard, best place for them are the skip if the move does happen 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

I seem to remember there being fundraising to pay for the floodlights in the Jim Lynch era.  They needed to upgrade the previous floodlights as no good for sky sports.  

I agree. It’s a big cost and a lot of work. I like the idea that the new Workington track has done with banking all the way round the circuit and no stand as such. If it rains speedway gets called off so maybe for the first season or something lower the gate price and people bring camping chairs or stand etc. 

i guess it all depends if MT will somehow incorporate a speedway track into his designs for car auctions or something. I could see the council maybe considering bringing the dogs back so having a dog track inside the speedway track and making the venue multi use 

4G football pitch in the middle, some form of indoor building to host events, smaller buildings to host conferences, depends ultimately what else Tomalin wants to put on site

I have bo idea what his net worth is if it will be financed through his own wealth or through his company but ultimately its an investment if it doesn't work out he has land which is worth a small fortune if he sells it on 

As for the panthers side

I'm going

Pedersen, Basso, Tungate, NKI, Andersen, Cook and Jenkins.

I believe Holder will end up at Ipswich

I'm going with the following three.

Nicki P (Literally no excuse not to meet his demands if Holder does get shown the exit door as expected)

R. Worrall (Hopefully someone has managed to step up for Tungate though)

Andersen

Holder and Hume to complete the Witches 1-7 imo.