British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Flappy

2 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Another dart hits the bullseye. NKI is a good signing 

Now is when we see if the team that was agreed got butchered so bustered. If it's the latter there will be a lot of questions he needs to answer.

If the team has been signed as suggested, why haven’t they just announced them? The new fella has already took responsibility for the lack of information and length of time getting riders announced and admitted it was due to the technicalities of his involvement which has now been resolved. If that’s the case, why make the supporters wait even longer now?

12 hours ago, Pauldoveyspeedway said:

He would  have been at M.G if he was coming over ...Got long covid ..Trying to cut down on his commitments..

Could be signed until Poland started , then use the excuse he can't keep going due to illness and Panthers get guests.... or the Kennett rule been closed? 

5 hours ago, Panthers70 said:

Hmmmmmmm ..........

Niels Kristian Iversen 7.59
Chris Holder 7.47
Ben Basso 6.81
Hans Andersen 4.93
Ben Cook 4.06

Jordan Jenkins RS

........... would leave 8.14 for the final rider.

Kenneth Bjerre, Rasmus Jensen, Anders Thomsen, or a new 8.00 assessed rider all fit very very nicely.

Richie worrall unfortunately :( 

• Like 1

Time to give Gasser90 credit where credits due me thinks,

Basically the club have confirmed NKI as the No.1 by saying 'lead by example' therefore that basically says Chris Holder is at 5 considering we've not been linked with any other rider on a 7.00-7.58.

Richie Worrall is a lock and he's just left a like on the NKI post too. 

Edited by TTT
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Another dart hits the bullseye. NKI is a good signing 

Now is when we see if the team that was agreed got butchered so bustered. If it's the latter there will be a lot of questions he needs to answer.

Don't really get the misgivings or doubts about NKI, always gives his best and is still a very good rider.in my opinion not many riders wil have a higher average than him at the end of the season. Like most riders he has had a few injuries but he is fully fit now so should be a great signing. Really nice guy too, can't see any reason why he shouldn't have a good season. 

• Like 1

On 1/22/2023 at 2:48 PM, Arch Stanton said:

”we have a smashing line-up to be announced in the coming weeks, which includes some young sensational racers”

That was said by Tomalin  only a few days ago so with all due respect to those four, could that description be labelled at any of them these days? I could see maybe three of them because I’ve heard similar, but possibly not all four. We’ll see. 

Quoting my own post I know, but after reading todays Star it makes more sense. The “young sensational racers” part wasn’t about the riders still to be named, it was those already signed, Basso, Cook and Jenkins. Those would be surrounded by “old hands”, or should that be “old Hans” :D

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Don't really get the misgivings or doubts about NKI, always gives his best and is still a very good rider.in my opinion not many riders wil have a higher average than him at the end of the season. Like most riders he has had a few injuries but he is fully fit now so should be a great signing. Really nice guy too, can't see any reason why he shouldn't have a good season. 

Agreed 

3 minutes ago, Arch Stanton said:

Quoting my own post I know, but after reading todays Star it makes more sense. The “young sensational racers” part wasn’t about the riders still to be named, it was those already signed, Basso, Cook and Jenkins. Those would be surrounded by “old hands”, or should that be “old Hans” :D

Sounds that way NKI number 1....

1 minute ago, Arch Stanton said:

Hans Andersen should be nowhere near the team. 

If we line up it's quite frankly pathetic and weaker than last season. 

NKI 

Andersen

Basso 

Worrall

Holder 

Cook 

Jenkins 

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with NKI signing, He's a very good signing, Years of track knowledge around Peterborough, Years of experience riding on tracks produced by Buster.

Every rider is prone to injury, So I'm not worried about his recent injury record because one bad crash can end anyone's season at any moment.

Don't forget that NKI won races for fun on his visit to BV last year when the vast majority of visiting HL's couldn't buy a win around the place.

Now this is where the fun or disaster starts and to me today makes everything points towards Gasser90's info being 100% spot on.

Tungate = Title Challenge

Andersen = Wooden spoon as well as everything being a waste of time, money and effort on everyone's behalf.

Edited by TTT

2 minutes ago, Flappy said:

Hans Andersen should be nowhere near the team. 

If we line up it's quite frankly pathetic and weaker than last season. 

NKI 

Andersen

Basso 

Worrall

Holder 

Cook 

Jenkins 

That’s exactly how we line up like I’ve said all along, tomalin genuinely thinks it’s a brilliant team, personally I do t class NKI as a “world class signing” which is what tomalin commented on the Facebook post 

4 minutes ago, TTT said:

Nothing wrong with NKI signing, He's a very good signing, Years of track knowledge around Peterborough, Years of experience riding on tracks produced by Buster.

Every rider is prone to injury, So I'm not worried about his recent injury record because one bad crash can end anyone's season at any moment.

Don't forget that NKI won races for fun on his visit to BV last year when the vast majority of visiting HL's couldn't buy a win around the place.

Now this is where the fun or disaster starts and to me today makes everything points towards Gasser90's info being 100% spot on.

Tungate = Title Challenge

Andersen = Wooden spoon as well as everything being a waste of time, money and effort on everyone's behalf.

NKI ....it is ...sounds like he is number 1....Not sure he's  that now ...Does sound like Hans may be in ....

7 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

That’s exactly how we line up like I’ve said all along, tomalin genuinely thinks it’s a brilliant team, personally I do t class NKI as a “world class signing” which is what tomalin commented on the Facebook post 

No he doesn't as it's different to the team they initially signed 

11 minutes ago, Gasser90 said:

He’s not a bad signing by any means, but you’re right, certainly not a world class signing either. The chap seems full of hyperbole so I’d take what he says about the strength of the team and a title charge with caution. BUT, still three to confirm so best to wait and see, things can always still change until riders are officially announced. 

Edited by Arch Stanton
  • Like 1

The real blame lies with Buster, Carl and Dale if / when the inevitable let down happens.

All three of them are experienced enough to a point where they should be having a word with Tomalin and advising him to hold back on making public statements we wont be able to back up on track as well as setting out goals that aren't achievable or realistic.

Instead they've basically just stood around watching the new promoter dig himself a hole from the get go tbh if the last one is Hans Andersen.

Where's Buster this winter? He's been as quiet as a mouse.

• Like 1