British Speedway Forum

Peterborough Panthers 2023

Flappy

Australian riders in their early years in UK usually have more success if they have another Aussie in the same team. 

For Peterborough's sake Mr Chapman needs to bury the hatchet with Chris Holder, and with Craig Cook and get them into the team before it's too late.

If he can't do that, maybe he should step aside and let other people take over?

19 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Australian riders in their early years in UK usually have more success if they have another Aussie in the same team. 

For Peterborough's sake Mr Chapman needs to bury the hatchet with Chris Holder, and with Craig Cook and get them into the team before it's too late.

Is that the same Chris Holder thats broken a bone in his neck and is out for 8-10 weeks?

21 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

Chris holder probably our for 8-10 weeks now after his crash at the weekend. Broken c5 vertebrae 

22 minutes ago, Hamish McRaker said:

You clearly aren't aware of Chris Holder's injury at the weekend - 10-12 weeks out!!!!

Soz Gasser - beat me to it!

Edited by Skidder1

53 minutes ago, Lefty said:

Harry Truman, Doris Day, Red China, Johnnie Ray
South Pacific, Walter Winchell, Joe DiMaggio
Joe McCarthy, Richard Nixon, Studebaker, television
North Korea, South Korea, Marilyn Monroe

We didn't start the fire..then who did?

21 hours ago, TTT said:

If I was desperate for a HL then I'd just pay the money purely due to the fact that I wouldn't have a plan B HL on the table.

This type of approach bankrupts businesses (not just speedway either)

Belle Vue and Sheffield are head and shoulders above everyone in this league when lining up with a full 1-7 imo.

On this point, I toatally agree and reckon that the play-off final might just as well be run next week...... no need to drag the inevitable out over a season!

Anyway, I don't know why you guys are worrying............. your team can score as many points on the road as KL can score on their own track

So it's looking like Ippo 3rd, Lions 4th and Wolves 5th :t:

1 hour ago, Sir Sidney said:

If MT is a savvy businessman he will know that - but he needs to keep fans informed

he tried that previously on the team front and got properly burnt. 

if MT becomes the owner then i'm sure you'll hear his plans

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Need 2 Guests next week at Wolves, if the Pedersen situation isn't sorted. Iversen is in Hungary for the SEC Qualifier

BV, IPS, KL and Leicester all ride next Monday too.

Only guests available are Sheffield ones.

Musielak injured, J. Holder won't do it, Unlikely Bellego would do it either considering he's not suited to technical tracks.

Ellis and Howarth at 1 & 5 if we're lucky.

Just now, TTT said:

Musielak injured, J. Holder won't do it, Unlikely Bellego would do it either considering he's not suited to technical tracks.

Good job KL are riding ......... their ENTIRE 1-7 couldn't adequately fill those TWO spots :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Aries said:

Of course you don’t! LOL nobody has to watch them to know that Craig Cook is a better rider than Ben Cook. Your bias towards anything related to Poole is literally off the scale and the reason anything you post regarding them can’t be taken seriously. 

Uh, yes you do. A race result isn't going to tell you how close a race is for example. He might be better atm but he isn't massively better as only 2 points between them at Champ level. 

2 hours ago, Arch Stanton said:

Lisa, Ben Cook at this moment in time isn’t close to Craig Cook in terms of ability and point scoring is he? 

Can only compare at Champ level though as clubs don't deem Craig good enough to ride in the Prem. Shame. See what it is at first set of averages come out :t: If within 2 points that is close enough for me. 

Anyway back to the point NOBODY should be getting dropped for Craig Cook! lol

Edited by lisa-colette

8 minutes ago, TTT said:

BV and Leicester are riding at 12, Wolves vs Peterborough isn't till 8. I'm sure Bomber, Fricke, Lawson, Nick Morris, Wright, Kurtz etc would make it. 

Just now, Fozzie4388 said:

BV and Leicester are riding at 12, Wolves vs Peterborough isn't till 8. I'm sure Bomber, Fricke, Lawson, Nick Morris, Wright, Kurtz etc would make it. 

Hopefully we can get Bomber in due to how well he goes around Monmore.

40 minutes ago, scoobydoo said:

Craig Cook in the same team as Ben Basso yeah that would be a stupid move after there very recent disagreement at Glasgow,  

Cook also took to social media to suggest he may of even knocked Basso off deliberately would you really want them in the same team .

Not if you have any sense, no. 

17 minutes ago, stevehone said:

he tried that previously on the team front and got properly burnt. 

if MT becomes the owner then i'm sure you'll hear his plans

Well, someone needs to make clear if Panthers are pursuing this line, otherwise they may well have lost so much money and so many supporters that it will make no difference. 

A brief statement to acknowledge that the Local Plan exists and they are aware of it might suffice for now