British Speedway Forum

Gp 2023

7 hours ago, Daniel Smith said:

The issue with Cardiff is hotel costs. People can justify the tickets as it's a one-off each season. Factor in the hotels, you can get a weeks holiday for the same. Last years ticket price + hotel for 3 (2ad - 1ch) of us currently looking at around £325-400. Unbelievably expensive for effectively 30mins of actual racing. 

That’s of course assuming you actually get racing, the track this year was disgraceful and certainly didn’t provide good racing.

Hotels have gone into complete rip off mode and that coupled with outrageous ticket prices on top of this years rubbish show means the rumoured 11,000 paying customers this year will take a hit, we personally know several friends that having gone for decades are saying enough is enough and will watch it on tv in 2023.

And who can really blame them.

On 11/8/2022 at 10:47 AM, Daniel Smith said:

The issue with Cardiff is hotel costs. People can justify the tickets as it's a one-off each season. Factor in the hotels, you can get a weeks holiday for the same. Last years ticket price + hotel for 3 (2ad - 1ch) of us currently looking at around £325-400. Unbelievably expensive for effectively 30mins of actual racing. 

I think the "E-Ticket only" also helped to keep people away. My wife, son, two grandchildren and myself would have gone if we were allowed to print out tickets as we have been able to in the past. The no printout email ticket policy prevents oldies (some may say dinosaurs) like me who do not have, and do not want a modern phone, at up to date prices, which many of us cannot afford, are being discriminated against, in this modern technical world.

• Like 3

On 11/8/2022 at 4:31 PM, JCookie said:

I tell a lie, they did put a new stage in to present the riders. Which meant some fans couldn't see the racing at some tracks. Apart from that though they've done nothing.

Surely people know this is speedway, and in the speedway all the promises in the world invariably add up to absolutely nothing... ;)

• Like 2

18 hours ago, ElmParkRG2 said:

I think the "E-Ticket only" also helped to keep people away. My wife, son, two grandchildren and myself would have gone if we were allowed to print out tickets as we have been able to in the past. The no printout email ticket policy prevents oldies (some may say dinosaurs) like me who do not have, and do not want a modern phone, at up to date prices, which many of us cannot afford, are being discriminated against, in this modern technical world.

Think that is a stadium issue rather than the SGP. At rugby on Saturday for Wales v New Zealand they were all tickets via the Stadium app as it uses a rotating QR code.

At the speedway I weas able to have all the tickets on the one phone and everyone got in. I didn't transfer to the other spectators on my order

20 hours ago, ElmParkRG2 said:

Whilst a little more expensive, (£5 for the top tier) we bought tickets on the day from the ticket office next door and had an old school paper ticket. Not sure it was widely shared that this would happen, just lucky I work in Cardiff and popped in to ask a week or so before 

A lot easier with a larger group who all went their separate ways to meet in the stadium after. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DJC said:

Whilst a little more expensive, (£5 for the top tier) we bought tickets on the day from the ticket office next door and had an old school paper ticket. Not sure it was widely shared that this would happen,

That's the problem; they make things too complicated, not all the options are published, and nobody knows what's going on.

• Like 4

On 11/8/2022 at 10:47 AM, Daniel Smith said:

The issue with Cardiff is hotel costs. People can justify the tickets as it's a one-off each season. Factor in the hotels, you can get a weeks holiday for the same. Last years ticket price + hotel for 3 (2ad - 1ch) of us currently looking at around £325-400. Unbelievably expensive for effectively 30mins of actual 

20 hours ago, Fullmax said:

Compare that with hotel in Torun. Booked the same hotel again for 2023. 

£121 for 2 nights , breakfast included. Great position.  On edge of old town and on tram route to stadium. 

we get an apartment in Warsaw, £177 for 5 nights, close to Centrum and plenty of bars and restaurants .. Cardiff really is expensive

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/7/2022 at 12:07 PM, DutchGrasstrack said:

2023 FIM SPEEDWAY GRAND PRIX CALENDAR

April 29 – FIM Speedway GP of Croatia – Donji Kraljevec
May 13 – FIM Speedway GP of Poland – Warsaw
June 3 - FIM Speedway GP of Czech Republic – Prague
June 10 - FIM Speedway GP of Germany – Teterow
June 24 - FIM Speedway GP of Poland – Gorzow
July 15 - FIM Speedway GP of Sweden – Malilla
August 12 - FIM Speedway GP of Latvia – Riga*
September 2 - FIM Speedway GP of Great Britain – Cardiff
September 16 - FIM Speedway GP of Denmark – Vojens
September 30 - FIM Speedway GP of Poland – Torun

2023 FIM SPEEDWAY WORLD CUP CALENDAR (all events to be staged at Wroclaw’s Olympic Stadium in Poland)

Tuesday, July 25 – FIM Speedway World Cup Semi-Final 1
Wednesday, July 26 – FIM Speedway World Cup Semi-Final 2
Friday, July 28 – FIM Speedway World Cup Race Off
Saturday, July 29 – FIM Speedway World Cup Final

2023 SGP2 FIM SPEEDWAY UNDER-21 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP CALENDAR

Friday, June 2 – FIM SGP2 of Czech Republic – Prague
Friday, June 23 – FIM SGP2 of Poland – Gorzow
Friday, September 15 – FIM SGP2 of Denmark – Vojens

2023 SON2 FIM TEAM SPEEDWAY UNDER-21 WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Friday, August 11 – FIM Speedway of Nations - SON2 – Riga, Latvia*

2023 SGP3 FIM SPEEDWAY YOUTH WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP

Friday, July 14 – FIM SGP3 Final – Malilla

FIM SGP2 World Championship – Qualifying Meetings

20 May ACCR Qualifying round Pardubice Czech Republic

20 May AMZS Qualifying round Krsko Slovenia

20 May DMU Qualifying round Vojens Denmark

FIM SGP3 World Championship

– Semi finals

12 July SVEMO Semi final 1 Västervik Sweden

12 July SVEMO Semi final 2 Västervik Sweden

On 11/23/2022 at 2:50 PM, racers and royals said:

FIM SGP2 World Championship – Qualifying Meetings

20 May ACCR Qualifying round Pardubice Czech Republic

20 May AMZS Qualifying round Krsko Slovenia

20 May DMU Qualifying round Vojens Denmark

FIM SGP3 World Championship

– Semi finals

12 July SVEMO Semi final 1 Västervik Sweden

12 July SVEMO Semi final 2 Västervik Sweden

Strange that Vojens got SGP2 qualifying when they have a final round.