British Speedway Forum

Poole v Plymouth, play-off quarter final 2nd leg, Weds 14/09/22

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Any news on Ulle, Hume and CC yet? 

Cookie was declared in danyons place for British final so he must be fit. Last I saw Ipswich on TV Louis wasn't positive about danyon and no idea on ulle. The initial chat was he'd hoped to be back for play offs but who knows what condition be in 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fromafar said:

Looks like Leicester will pick Poole

From a business perspective, Leicester vs Glasgow in the final is the dream line up. The self styled chosen one versus the money boys who chased him off the premises (not actually true, but makes a good story). To make that happen, Leicester need to pick Poole in the semi.

All a bit of a gamble though if Glasgow don’t make the finals or if Poole beat Leicester on aggregate. 

There’s still many a twist to come in this league……

33 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Tbf apparently there were a few drunk Plymouth fans last night, so they prob can't remember what happened! 

And apparently a few nasty abusive Poole fans 

1 hour ago, Wee Eck said:

From a business perspective, Leicester vs Glasgow in the final is the dream line up. The self styled chosen one versus the money boys who chased him off the premises (not actually true, but makes a good story). To make that happen, Leicester need to pick Poole in the semi.

All a bit of a gamble though if Glasgow don’t make the finals or if Poole beat Leicester on aggregate. 

There’s still many a twist to come in this league……

If they get by Plymouth! I fancy Poole to beat Leicester.

Maybe Leicester will wait on the KO Cup results before choosing their  semi final play-off opponents.

K.O.Cup semi final

Leicester v Poole Sat 17th

Poole v Leicester Weds 21st

OR maybe they'll choose Redcar or Edinburgh just for a bit of variety?!

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Haven't heard about that. Just got told that a few Plymouth fans were drunk and trying to start fights apparently. 

Hi Lisa, I feel like I should just clarify this before wires get crossed. The 'Bar Bandits' stood on bend two all evening amongst Poole fans and just around from the NID gang by the pits and there were no issues whatsoever and plenty of laughs/banter were had. On entry to the stadium, our group were challenged by a member of the home support as they were allowed to take drinks around to our position instead of walking all the way around the track. Our group did nothing to provoke any violence bar one small, ill-advised comment which was never intended to cause any harm or offence but there was quite a hostile approach taken by said individual who was spoken to by security for his behaviour. We were also spoken to by the security team just to clarify the position and other than this one rather unsavoury incident, there were no such thing as trying to start fights and everyone enjoyed themselves whilst being respectful. (I can 100% confirm this as due to not feeling on top form, I was free from alcohol last night haha!)

Edited by jbell1995
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Just en-route to Berkshire so I thought I would give my thoughts on last night's action. Bar the one incident mentioned above clarifying what happened as we entered the stadium it was a fun evening for us 'Bar Bandits' and 'Gladiators on tour'. The simple fact of the matter was Poole gated in every heat and we didn't and that was the difference. We thoroughly enjoyed Aaron Summers' heat win in 14 and duly celebrated as if we won the match! To be fair to the whole team, everyone gave 100% but sadly we came up against a fired up Pirates side who outclassed us on the night and gave a masterclass in gating. 

My views on the entertainment differ slightly to Steve's view in the fact other than Summers, there was very little passing and plenty FTG (Which Plymouth get pelters for every week...). On the whole, we came, we made a lot of noise (Respectfully), we had plenty of fun and laughs and we'd like to think the home fans enjoyed our visit. We certainly got a lot of smiles and claps as we gave off our renditions of: "Three Little Birds... Garry don't worry...about a thing... Every little thing... is gonna be alright..." and finally as we left the stadium.. "61-29 we're gonna win 61-29..." on our way out of the stadium to make our way home.

All we are, before people get the wrong impression are a group of 12-15 people who love sport and are passionate about the side, yes we like a drink but we know our limits and we don't ever want to cross the line, we don't seek to cause offence or to make any fellow speedway supporter uncomfortable, hence why we tailor our songs to be family friendly and to get a few laughs. We promised to be loud and proud and we were. There was a lovely gesture from Garry and the boys to come over to us at the end and thank us for our support. We will still be there on Tuesday night getting behind the team. Over turning a 30 point disadvantage will almost be a tad tricky but we will try our best and end the season on a positive note.

• Like 7

18 minutes ago, jbell1995 said:

Hi Lisa, I feel like I should just clarify this before wires get crossed. The 'Bar Bandits' stood on bend two all evening amongst Poole fans and just around from the NID gang by the pits and there were no issues whatsoever and plenty of laughs/banter were had. On entry to the stadium, our group were challenged by a member of the home support as they were allowed to take drinks around to our position instead of walking all the way around the track. Our group did nothing to provoke any violence bar one small, ill-advised comment which was never intended to cause any harm or offence but there was quite a hostile approach taken by said individual who was spoken to by security for his behaviour. We were also spoken to by the security team just to clarify the position and other than this one rather unsavoury incident, there were no such thing as trying to start fights and everyone enjoyed themselves whilst being respectful. (I can 100% confirm this as due to not feeling on top form, I was free from alcohol last night haha!)

Fair enough! It was mentioned on SM last night about 'Plymouth fans embarrassing themselves' so I asked why and that is when they said about being drunk and trying to start fights. But I am happy to take your side of events! :t:

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Fair enough! It was mentioned on SM last night about 'Plymouth fans embarrassing themselves' so I asked why and that is when they said about being drunk and trying to start fights. But I am happy to take your side of events! :t:

On the Poole Pirates facebook, the situation has been explained as it happened with input from someone who was working in the area of the incident and it all just stemmed from some confusion and mis-understanding. It was nothing more than petty words. I'm not going to say anymore because it takes away from the meeting itself and how proud we were to get behind the group. We certainly weren't being abusive and most certainly wouldn't look to cause hassle or trouble. I'd strongly disagree with the fact our supporters embarrassed ourselves last night. Sure the group like to drink and enjoy their evening but as I stress, we are respectful and just want to have a good time with fans of our side and the opposition. This is one of the reasons we all like speedway because it doesn't have the 'yob' like culture of football.

Edited by jbell1995
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Fromafar said:

If they get by Plymouth! I fancy Poole to beat Leicester.

I fancy that too, but I suspect it'll be in the final. I think Leicester will send them up north and I we'll find it too tough. Too many injured riders, and Connor Bailey's not got anyone else to race for.

That said, I'd like a semi-final against Edinburgh, so we have two matches to go to.

Edited by Noelinho
  • Like 1