British Speedway Forum

Poole v Plymouth, play-off quarter final 2nd leg, Weds 14/09/22

46 minutes ago, HGould said:

Nothing on the website for 14th - it's all a week old in respect of this match.

Poor show to anyone not knowing there is an actual match this Wednesday

Even the old format Brummies site says "new date" for our rearranged clash

Twitter is more up to date. Was advertising this Weds meeting yesterday. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, King Jamie said:

You're looking at the August averages (both 8.40). For September, Kennett remained on 8.40, while Barker dropped to 8.00.

The guest assumes the average and team position of the rider he's replacing. Looks like a typo.

Just says RR for barker away but in the 1 position must be a typo 

3 hours ago, HGould said:

There is usually a meeting every Wednesday unless the weather intervenes. The website is showing the fixture in the fixture list and its been all over Facebook, twitter and the local media since last Thursday.

Edited by Skidder1

3 hours ago, HGould said:

Are you sure?

https://www.poole-speedway.com/fixtures-results/view/2022-09-14-Poole-v-Plymouth-Play-Off-Home

• Like 1

Delighted to say that I’m making my first trip (for speedway) to Wimborne Road on Wednesday evening with the rest of the Bar Bandits from Plymouth, minibus of us coming up to Dorset for what should be a good meeting. Can’t promise we won’t make noise though ;) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jbell1995 said:

Delighted to say that I’m making my first trip (for speedway) to Wimborne Road on Wednesday evening with the rest of the Bar Bandits from Plymouth, minibus of us coming up to Dorset for what should be a good meeting. Can’t promise we won’t make noise though ;) 

Enjoy the trip up and make as much noise as you like as I imagine the journey back will be quite quiet! :-)

• Haha 2

31 minutes ago, jbell1995 said:

Bar Bandits were very welcome, as well as noisy, visitors to Berwick last month.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 9/12/2022 at 1:05 PM, foreverblue said:

No true, so they would have to use Flint in both meetings, I know we did it years ago against Kings Lynn with Nick Morris and Adam Ellis but I thought the rule had been changed so this didn't happen anymore.

That was a fudge as neither should have been able to guest, can't remember exactly why but it was special dispensation for both teams from memory.

5 minutes ago, Bagpuss said:

That was a fudge as neither should have been able to guest, can't remember exactly why but it was special dispensation for both teams from memory.

It was a ridiculous decision and both clubs should have used neither.

• Like 1

So the rain has been stopped for an hour or so and blue skies are appearing through bits of white cloud.

Looking good.....

For those attending don't forget to leave a little more time to get there as there are still roadworks on Wimborne Road out side the approach to the stadium causing 4-way traffic lights and single lane traffic!!!