British Speedway Forum

Wednesday 7th September - play off - Poole v Plymouth

8 minutes ago, pjplymouthdevil said:

Poole won’t be getting my £30 odd quid tonight and I presume many others are in the same position. Silly situation really and a stain on the league as a whole. The sport needs independent governance, quickly, before it dies out. 

That’s the problem though. We can all blame Plymouth for this situation but if riders don’t want to ride for them, there’s little that can be done. As I said earlier, the show goes on.

1 hour ago, wtf said:

Unless you live close by, it's a godforsaken place to get to or from. In the case of people like Aaron or Leon, it's only an 850 mile 14 hr round trip. Then in every race you have, you'll face their top 3 and the cook brothers round their home track, so lets say you could easily end up scoring 5 points at best?  at a heatleader rate in the championship £80 a point, that's £400.

Now you got to pay for a mechanic. They're probably not available as they are doing their other job, if they're coming with you and helping with the driving, they're going to lose 2 days work. £150? If it's a meeting mechanic who's local to Poole, going to cost you £60 ish, but you're driving yourself there and back, and god help you if you get injured and end up in the hospital, while there's no one to pack up your stuff, drive your van home etc. Your engine might be in for service right now, some will be as they rode Monday, then Thursday planned, so might not have their chosen engine available?  You run the risk of crash damage, injury, mechanical damage, all for going to get your backside kicked. Your fuel rate won't cover your diesel bill, if you try to stay over somewhere you got hotel to pay, then food on the road etc. 

Certainly it's not that appealing for anyone north of Watford. If you're a half decent heatleader in this division, there's a better than average chance this booking will cost you money  

Didn’t stop Leon guesting for Plymouth earlier

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

At least everyone a Championship rider now! But if they could get Sedge and Starke in, a bit more competitive! 

I just saw the James Wright change on speedway updates account on Instagram. 

Of the riders there Wright would've been close to my last choice personally

Complete farce, feel sorry for the Plymouth riders tonight and for the promotion.

This should be postponed a week for the good of the sport. Lets face it Poole are winning this over two legs regardless of whether Plymouth have Hans back plus stronger guests or not but at least it could be more of a spectacle for supporters. Instead Poole fans will turn up to see 60 precessional laps of 5-1's and frankly if they don't achieve that questions should be asked of the home riders, they'll enjoy it because winning is all that matters regardless of entertainment value. I wonder if a few of the Poole boys will deliberately miss some gates so the fans get to see a pass.

The knock on impact being only a handful will turn up at Plymouth next week which is a real shame. Ah well good old British speedway, at least Poole will be okay...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

Classic, uneducated comment as ever.

Typical of the bully boy.

Scott Nicholls happy to Guest, Richie Worrall, Kyle Howarth, Josh Pickering, so many others b4 Play Off Guest rules came in to place.

Lawson and Danny King were too until Poole got "frit" and banned them from Guesting for Plymouth allegedly (from a Poole source that so who knows)!

6 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Can we? I don’t think so. Poole’s track is smooth and the riders are loving it. Great praise last month from all riders at the Championship meeting and Middlos testimonial. Can’t think of a single rider who has been injured this season at Poole due to the track.

On to tonight and it’s all systems go! No rain currently forecast, with the risk of showers around 9pm so the meeting will be pushed through. The early morning watering it received should make the track perfect. Looking forward to a good evenings entertainment. 

Come on you Pirates!

You realise the only one who thinks your sarcasm and tongue cheek posts are funny are you, right? I know you only post this garbage to get a rise and in the 10 years or so I've posted on here I've not actually risen, more laughed at how funny you aren't but I'll give you this time I've risen. At least the Poole boys will be so far in front tonight there's no risk of them fencing any of the Plymouth boys for a change.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

You realise the only one who thinks your sarcasm and tongue cheek posts are funny are you, right? I know you only post this garbage to get a rise and in the 10 years or so I've posted on here I've not actually risen, more laughed at how funny you aren't but I'll give you this time I've risen. At least the Poole boys will be so far in front tonight there's no risk of them fencing any of the Plymouth boys for a change.

Who says my posts are tongue in cheek? I never have. 

6 minutes ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

:rolleyes:

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 1