British Speedway Forum

Wednesday 7th September - play off - Poole v Plymouth

1 hour ago, motophotodan said:

Could of said it better myself. Bunch of selfish morons. 

karma has hit hard but I’m sure the Poole faithful will have there excuses as they won’t admit the wrong decision was made  

Come on, dammed if you do and dammed if you don't 

Of course it was the right call to ride today. Unfortunate that a thunderstorm, which was not predicted in any forecast, grew over the channel and had our name on it. Looking outside now it’s a pleasant evening. No way should the meeting have been called off early.

Now, because of the rainoff, the Leicester meeting in the KO Cup needs to be put back. We could be playing them three time at Poole in a month.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 1

50 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Easy to have a pop, especially given some of the comments made re Plymouth...

However....

I would like to think that he sportingly realised that Plymouths team wouldn't mean a fair match could take place, so thoughtfully organised torrential rain, thunder storms and lightening....... :D

I don't think even the Plymouth stunt with Straw and fire would have saved that :rofl:

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I think they mean he guested at Plymouth for Redcar, so just long to get to. 

Right bonnie lass he rode for Wolverhampton on Monday which meant a nice 3 1/2 hour drive to Plymouth on Tuesday, he was also at Birmingham on Wednesday for the Under 21 Championship which is why he probably accepted a guest booking for Redcar.

3 minutes ago, Normski said:

Right bonnie lass he rode for Wolverhampton on Monday which meant a nice 3 1/2 hour drive to Plymouth on Tuesday, he was also at Birmingham on Wednesday for the Under 21 Championship which is why he probably accepted a guest booking for Redcar.

You know you are in trouble when you get called that ;) But fair point, I didn't take the other meetings into consideration!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

The guy is an idiot. Seems they breed in the Plymouth area. Blaming Poole for Plymouths weak team. Expecting Poole to call it off. You couldn’t make it up. But they could yet get lucky.

Steve please do not be so rude to the people who are born and breed in Plymouth. I am such a person and over the years have traveled the country with Poole and you. We have cheered and commiserated several times in the 90s and OOs. We have also had banter re Argyle and Swindon Town.

I am sure on reflection you wrote what you wrote in the spur of the moment. 

1 hour ago, jbell1995 said:

As I’ve mentioned in my post a little earlier, it’s very sad to see such animosity on here. Both clubs are very well supported by some excellent fans and whilst we are all partisan and want our team to succeed, it’s a shame to see people act in this way :( 

Yep. Time to draw a line under it all I think?

Just now, alfiemorris said:

Yep. Time to draw a line under it all I think?

I agree Alfie. Passions have run high these past few weeks, let’s all just take a few minutes and just go back to getting behind our respective clubs who do great work and have had great seasons

• Like 2

1 hour ago, lewy said:

I've got a screenshot of it which i will be showing to bb. Get a good solicitor. :t:

Oh do grow up. Yes it was a stupid comment by C4G, but any decent solicitor would tell you the is exchange falls way short of being actionable. 

1 hour ago, chris4gillian said:

Have edited as I certainly didn't mean to cause any offence.  Was just a thoughtless turn of phrase, so apologies to all especially Ben.

1 hour ago, chris4gillian said:

Have edited.  No offence was meant to anyone.  As I say above, a thoughtless turn of phrase for which I apologise.

As your post has been quoted, it does not matter that you have edited it as it is still there in black & white unless others delete the quote.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Thunder and lightning at stadium. Hammering down. Wont last long but damage is being done. Looks like Plymouth get the first leg after all. :)

Is that not a "tongue in cheek" comment even with an emoji?

It even means you get your "divine right" to hold the 2nd leg at home, weather permitting. B)

47 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Of course it was the right call to ride today. Unfortunate that a thunderstorm, which was not predicted in any forecast, grew over the channel and had our name on it. Looking outside now it’s a pleasant evening. No way should the meeting have been called off early.

Now, because of the rainoff, the Leicester meeting in the KO Cup needs to be put back. We could be playing them three time at Poole in a month.

Yes but yesterday you wanted this meeting off because it was not the 

second leg make your mind up 

Won't need too many more call offs to put pressure on getting all done by November..

Crazy that all finals get ran at the end of the season every year.. 

Should spread them out more...

Would keep interest and publicity across many more months...

And even more reason to do so with the cost of living increases that were predicted a fair few months ago..

Be a shame to have fans having to pick and choose what meetings to go to when these meetings are the ones where the trophies are handed out...