British Speedway Forum

Wednesday 7th September - play off - Poole v Plymouth

Just now, Fromafar said:

Apologies,I was responding to the Post that Poole and Ply mouth are too far for Northern riders.Flint guested for Redcar at Plymouth last week.( I though he was guesting for Plymouth)

He was due to guest for us against Glasgow at home. I’d suggest it’s a case of him managing his workload having heard an interview from him last week

9 minutes ago, lewy said:

Take a bow mr ford:party:

Easy to have a pop, especially given some of the comments made re Plymouth...

However....

I would like to think that he sportingly realised that Plymouths team wouldn't mean a fair match could take place, so thoughtfully organised torrential rain, thunder storms and lightening....... :D

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, lisa-colette said:

Some of these Plymouth fans are like witches around a cauldron lol. I doubt you lot even enter the Ford's minds tbh! 

As I’ve mentioned in my post a little earlier, it’s very sad to see such animosity on here. Both clubs are very well supported by some excellent fans and whilst we are all partisan and want our team to succeed, it’s a shame to see people act in this way :( 

• Like 6

Just now, lisa-colette said:

Some of these Plymouth fans are like witches around a cauldron lol. I doubt you lot even enter the Ford's minds tbh! 

I agree with you lisa,many of us wasted time and money travelling to poole when an early call off would have saved alot of people the trouble. I hope it's cost him a few quid. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, lewy said:

I agree with you lisa,many of us wasted time and money travelling to poole when an early call off would have saved alot of people the trouble. I hope it's cost him a few quid. 

Thunderstorms were only 60% chance btw. A chance we could have got away with it like vs Redcar. Definitely not as envitable as you make out. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MalDon45 said:

Any idea how much this pathetic farce has cost Mr Ford? If anything could make me even happier it would be a nice high figure…..

What is it with Plymouth fans and their imbecilic posts? Is this poster a real speedway fan? 

And I am sure people on here have noticed. All the animosity comes from Plymouth fans towards Poole. They seem to have a massive inferiority complex. Most Poole fans, myself included, had a soft spot for Plymouth down the coast. We wished them well on their survival and growth. Yet their fans on the whole are abusive and not particularly friendly. 

This Maldon45, wishing big losses on another club shows the Plymouth mentality. Very sad and very strange.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

So there was a spare Wednesday..next Wednesday amazing that.

No. Leicester in the KO Cup. But Playoffs take precedence so that gets moved back.

Edited by Steve Shovlar