British Speedway Forum

Swindon Stadium

On 5/17/2024 at 4:33 PM, orion said:

https://x.com/WStone4SN/status/1791064725020623198

How stupid can one guy be . this a local guy who wants be the next Mp for Swindon .. but clueless on the History or what is going on now .

Looking forward to this mug and Tommo knocking on my door during the election campaigning. Hopefully we also get to meet Clr Adams who really does truly believe that the stadium works are complete!!!

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, thecoombdog said:

Group announce intentions to bring Speedway back to Swindon | Swindon Advertiser

If British Speedway give the licence back to TR then they are as bad as Osborne and TR himself.

We are ready to run to run speedway all we need is a venue  .... Just a tiny problem then lads :unsure:

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, orion said:

We are ready to run to run speedway all we need is a venue  .... Just a tiny problem then lads :unsure:

At least those two might actually look for one though!

• Like 3

On 5/17/2024 at 4:33 PM, orion said:

https://x.com/WStone4SN/status/1791064725020623198

How stupid can one guy be . this a local guy who wants be the next Mp for Swindon .. but clueless on the History or what is going on now .

Agreed! He's been so invisible all this time and then does  that!! Didn't take long for me to get an admittance of him getting it wrong though publicly, seems pretty gullible to be an MP! 

Edited by hagonshocker
  • Like 2

There's been a backlash to his appearance at the Blunsdon site. To be honest when I spoke to two local councillors, the Green one said it's a shame about the Moto Cross, and the Red one didn't seem to care. Not enough peeps bothered about local speedway these days. Swindon becoming a dormitory town for commuters to the south-east now, recreational stuff disappearing, just more houses everywhere being built on sporting areas.

Edited by auntie doris
  • Like 8

1 hour ago, hagonshocker said:

Agreed! He's been so invisible all this time and then does  that!! Didn't take long for me to get an admittance of him getting it wrong though publicly, seems pretty gullible to be an MP! 

His admission was not good enough me  Mark .. Its scary to see how out of touch he is with what is going on  seeing he's a local lad . Thou i would love to the speedway come back at a new venue  its become  just as important to me  to not to let Clark and Taylor Wimpey get there way with the Stadium . I just  hate the fact that  the lies and corruption might be rewarded 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Grachan said:

At least those two might actually look for one though!

Are trying to said that TR and Clark have not found a venue 45 mins  outside Swindon :unsure:

Edited by orion

1 hour ago, orion said:

Are trying to said that TR and Clark have not found a venue 45 mins  outside Swindon :unsure:

It's doubtful, but who knows. Someone in the Adver comments seems to be saying they have found one between Wroughton and Royal Wootton Bassett.

2 hours ago, auntie doris said:

There's been a backlash to his appearance at the Blunsdon site. To be honest when I spoke to two local councillors, the Green one said it's a shame about the Moto Cross, and the Red one didn't seem to care. Not enough peeps bothered about local speedway these days. Swindon becoming a dormitory town for commuters to the south-east now, recreational stuff disappearing, just more feckin houses everywhere being built on sporting areas.

Different area but I've been out today on my motorbike round mid Wales to places I didn't go last year. Couldn't believe how many new houses and estates had gone up , obviously no local jobs anywhere so majority must be commuting or retiring there maybe

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orion said:

His admission was not good enough me  Mark .. Its scary to see how out of touch he is with what is going on  seeing he's a local lad . Thou i would love to the speedway come back at a new venue  its become  just as important to me  to not to let Clark and Taylor Wimpey get there way with the Stadium . I just  hate the fact that  the lies and corruption might be rewarded 

I'm exactly the same - it's almost as important to me to make their lives difficult as it is to get us back on track.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Grachan said:

It's doubtful, but who knows. Someone in the Adver comments seems to be saying they have found one between Wroughton and Royal Wootton Bassett.

That is the rumour. 

I think it must be where Lord Lucan keeps Shergar in a stable.

• Like 1

Between Wroughton and Wootton Bassett, Bassett Down Golf Complex, a crematorium and Studley Grange/Butterfly World. Could be the old Wroughton Airfield, South of the village?

Wherever it may be, we don't want those a***holes (Russell and Osborne) running anything vaguely associated with Swindon Speedway!!

• Like 4

5 hours ago, orion said:

No, your totally right Tim , I had dealings with him a couple of years ago and he seemed quite approachable until he was announced as Tomlinsons rival...he's been zero proactive until his sucking up to Wimpey. I actually wonder what goes on in both he and JT's minds not to mention the dim witted councillors for the area, pitiful. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, orion said:

I just  hate the fact that  the lies and corruption might be rewarded 

its the only way you get into government.:t:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Grachan said:

they have found one between Wroughton and Royal Wootton Bassett.

The team could be the Royal Wootton Bassett Hounds?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1