British Speedway Forum

Leicester v Poole, KO Cup Semi-final,1st leg Sat.10/09/22

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Because our Queen has died and as a nation we are showing respect? 

Was she planning to attend then? I didn't know her, and sad as it is life goes on. My dad died in June but I didn't expect everything to stop, and nobody tell me it's more important than that because it isn't.

3 minutes ago, 40-38 said:

Was she planning to attend then? I didn't know her, and sad as it is life goes on. My dad died in June but I didn't expect everything to stop, and nobody tell me it's more important than that because it isn't.

Yes life does go on after a period of mourning. Sorry for your loss. But the Queen is the Queen and deserves the time of reflect for her unwavering duty and service to this nation. She is not an actor, or politician. For 70 years she was monarch and postponing a few speedway meetings and sporting events is something most can put up with.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Yes life does go on after a period of mourning. Sorry for your loss. But the Queen is the Queen and deserves the time of reflect for her unwavering duty and service to this nation. She is not an actor, or politician. For 70 years she was monarch and postponing a few speedway meetings and sporting events is something most can put up with.

Not everyone thinks the queen was that important. I'm a youngster and think it's a compete waste of time having a queen in the first place. Il pay my respects but stopping me having fun on my Saturday is abit annoying. I can guarantee most  people won't be mourning over the loss of the queen and just simply want to carry on with there lives. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, FishersGate said:

Not everyone thinks the queen was that important. I'm a youngster and think it's a compete waste of time having a queen in the first place. Il pay my respects but stopping me having fun on my Saturday is abit annoying. I can guarantee most  people won't be mourning over the loss of the queen and just simply want to carry on with there lives. 

No. That is not the case. You might feel that but the majority of citizens are very saddened by the loss of our Queen who has been there all our lives.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FishersGate said:

If you think that then you definitely need to educate yourself! Now let the country carry on with their 10 days of mourning. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No. That is not the case. You might feel that but the majority of citizens are very saddened by the loss of our Queen who has been there all our lives.

Do you have a poll showing that majority who want everything to grind to a halt? I mean should I go into work tomorrow if we're meant to be mourning? Like anybody I didn't know and has lived a long time in the public eye, it's sad, but she was 96, she had a good life and I can understand the day of her funeral being a public holiday perhaps but the rest is just overkill. We're already struggling for dates for finishing the season, why make it even harder?

1 minute ago, 40-38 said:

Do you have a poll showing that majority who want everything to grind to a halt? I mean should I go into work tomorrow if we're meant to be mourning? Like anybody I didn't know and has lived a long time in the public eye, it's sad, but she was 96, she had a good life and I can understand the day of her funeral being a public holiday perhaps but the rest is just overkill. We're already struggling for dates for finishing the season, why make it even harder?

Dear bloody lord! Someone has died and you worried about the speedway season! Get some perspective FFS! 

• Like 2