British Speedway Forum

Tuesday 6th September - Playoff First Leg - Plymouth v Poole

7 hours ago, marko said:

Really so your name on your passport is Doners123 is it?
Just face it, your promoter let social media get to him and decided to rant in the star about it and make himself look stupid.

I started watching speedway in the 80s and know more about the sport than the likes of you and Lewy will ever know.

And yes I have rode speedway albeit as an amateur, and for over 12 years I ran a very successful speedway management game which people from all around the world took part in.

your welcome

Snakes and ladders. He thinks he invented it:rofl:

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, marko said:

Really so your name on your passport is Doners123 is it?
Just face it, your promoter let social media get to him and decided to rant in the star about it and make himself look stupid.

I started watching speedway in the 80s and know more about the sport than the likes of you and Lewy will ever know.

And yes I have rode speedway albeit as an amateur, and for over 12 years I ran a very successful speedway management game which people from all around the world took part in.

your welcome

Oh my! Can I have your autograph?

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, NeilWatson said:

Neil

Given your experience and background.

Don't you find it unusual, worrying that after Stuart Dickson resigned (from memory after a disagreement over what became the Rising Star project) that a Board that had been 5 members did not co-opt a 5th Board Member / Director?

Would that in any business (not just sppedway) be a sensible quorum / number as then the chairman would have a casting vote rather than a vote and a casting vote in any 2/2 split. Not attacking RG at all as it would be the same with any Board with a Chairman with an even number of Members.

Why not take the first step and apponit an independent Chairman - someone with a business background and an interest in the Sport but no Club alliegance at this time. A successful ex-Rider may be or even someone like Rob Painter? 

1 hour ago, ruckerroo said:

Nap to be off , poor weather weekend and early next week

Looks terrible in many parts all week.

Only in Speedway

Faff around for 3 weeks mid summer with a pointless regional Cup that they now decide to elongate when it could have actually been all done and dusted tomorrow b4 the rain sets in (at Sheffield)

Edited by HGould
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Tens of millions buy Football Manager and FIFA games , doesn't make any of them Jurgen Klopp.

If you could manage to get your head in to and out of the Dartford Tunnel may be you could enlighten more!

That’s just playing a game, I didn’t play, I developed it in full and ran it for the benefit of others, and for 90% of its lifetime it was free to play, despite countless hours it took to run it, have you ever done anything that benefits speedway fans across the globe off your own back for free?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

27 minutes ago, marko said:

That’s just playing a game, I didn’t play, I developed it in full and ran it for the benefit of others, and for 90% of its lifetime it was free to play, despite countless hours it took to run it, have you ever done anything that benefits speedway fans across the globe off your own back for free?

My middle names not Martyr

36 minutes ago, marko said:

Fair play for doing it but it does not mean you know anything per day about speedway more you can design and run a game. Maybe you know lots about computing ……

I was chairman of a football club for free with no pay for several years doesn’t mean I know everything about football just means I know about the business model which is greatly different to football itself.

• Like 1

So with Brummies due to hold the Alan Grahame meeting on Wednesday, they are announcing their line-ups tomorrow (Sunday) morning which should clarify who might be available as a guest at Poole.

Some have mentioned Aarnio, but reports suggest his injuries have ended his season. Summers may have retired - again! Sedgeman probably contracted to appear at Perry Bar.

Nicholls is odds on to guest for Kennett (+5%) on Tuesday but can't on Wednesday.

Plymouth due to announce their Tuesday line-up on Monday morning.

2 hours ago, HGould said:

Neil

Given your experience and background.

Don't you find it unusual, worrying that after Stuart Dickson resigned (from memory after a disagreement over what became the Rising Star project) that a Board that had been 5 members did not co-opt a 5th Board Member / Director?

Would that in any business (not just sppedway) be a sensible quorum / number as then the chairman would have a casting vote rather than a vote and a casting vote in any 2/2 split. Not attacking RG at all as it would be the same with any Board with a Chairman with an even number of Members.

Why not take the first step and apponit an independent Chairman - someone with a business background and an interest in the Sport but no Club alliegance at this time. A successful ex-Rider may be or even someone like Rob Painter? 

I don't disagree with an independent Chairperson, but in all honesty who is there that knows sufficiently about the speedway business but doesn't have any allegiance to any club?   Answers on the back of a postage stamp please......

18 hours ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Plymouth still have a good chance with their little track. We got hammered there earlier this year. And Plymouth scraped a draw at Poole. 

So clearly Plymouth favourites to go through and it will take an almost impossible effort from Pirates to make it to the semis. Can they do it against all the odds?

Sarcasm is not your best strength. Yet again Poole running the show in British Speedway to get their own way. the best for the sport would be to let this go one further week and I just hope it rains. Perhaps we'll call it off on Monday night due to the weather forecast.

54 minutes ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

100%! Poole pushed it, if the sport was governed independently the 2nd leg would be at Plymouth on the 13th. 

Poole finished above Plymouth, so why shouldn't they hold the 2nd leg , if this had been any other team at Plymouth on Tuesday nothing would be said, because it's Poole the forum goes in to melt down, jealously raises it head again 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

Poole finished above Plymouth, so why shouldn't they hold the 2nd leg , if this had been any other team at Plymouth on Tuesday nothing would be said, because it's Poole the forum goes in to melt down, jealously raises it head again 

Edinburgh accepted home leg 1st when finished above Redcar. It's another example of Poole arrogance nothing to do with jealousy 

• Like 1

Poole should get the second leg. Plymouth have no right to it. They could of course call off the meeting on Tuesday to force Poole’s hand, but it will just be delaying for no good reason. All this dreadful weather forecast is a nonsense. A risk of sunshine and showers in a brisk wind. 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2640194

Just now, Steve Shovlar said:

Poole should get the second leg. Plymouth have no right to it. They could of course call off the meeting on Tuesday to force Poole’s hand, but it will just be delaying for no good reason. All this dreadful weather forecast is a nonsense. A risk of sunshine and showers in a brisk wind. 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2640194

Straw could be out then 

• Haha 1