British Speedway Forum

Tuesday 6th September - Playoff First Leg - Plymouth v Poole

18 minutes ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

Poole will almost certainly win both legs, far too strong for the Gladiators but I think we've probably got as good as we could have with who is available.

What will make it interesting is which Sedgmen and Summers turn up. Either of them are as likely to score 0 as they are to get a max as they basically gate or they come last. If they gate, we may get close, but I'd still expect Poole by 10-12 tomorrow and by 20+ at Wimborne.

Not sure about that. Though bet Leon is hoping it isn't the same ref as when Berwick came down! Summer's is pretty good at Poole even if he doesn't gate, 9 times out of 10 he makes the Poole riders work for it.

39 minutes ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

Poole will almost certainly win both legs, far too strong for the Gladiators but I think we've probably got as good as we could have with who is available.

What will make it interesting is which Sedgmen and Summers turn up. Either of them are as likely to score 0 as they are to get a max as they basically gate or they come last. If they gate, we may get close, but I'd still expect Poole by 10-12 tomorrow and by 20+ at Wimborne.

Remember Aaron getting a 15 point max at Plymouth in 2013. Was the year that Micky Dyer put almost 4 points onto his average. Never seen again after that season. Mikkel Bech and Rasmus Jenson were in the Devils line up.

43 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Leon has had good meetings at Poole and he seems on good form.

Yes. Normally good for double figures. Prob would have got that for Berwick too if it wasn't for the ref's harsh decision. Although maybe we shouldn't rely on all 4 back all the time! IDK.

2 hours ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

Bit of a harsh assessment of Summers.

2 hours ago, torpointfanatic22 said:

I don’t see that at all. Think Plymouth can win tomorrow night by 6-8 points if they ride to their potential. 

I am pleased that Plymouth have a team to compete on Wednesday. Flint rode very well earlier this season and scored a sackful. Summers is very very good if he gates. Hans blows hot and cold. 

Certainly closer than some expect but Poole should, if they ride to their capabilities, qualify for the semi against Glasgow.

12 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

If it is on I think it will be close, Ben Cook was at reserve last time we were there I think and I feel we are probably stronger with Ben at reserve but Zach should be able to get 6-8 points. If it's a damp track it could be all about gating but hopefully be a good meeting for the TV. 

Looks like South West / South are in for a big dollop of rain today and tomorrow but nice and dry and sunny most other places.

According to Plymouth website track was perfect yesterday and dry and they have put some covers on parts of the track.

Be good for both Teams to get it over and done with and move on.

So the track was perfect yesterday, covers were put down, and we had a little rain this morning which is now clearing away. Plymouth are so so desperate to get the second leg they call the meeting off when the rest of the day is forecast dry. Are they that inept at getting a race track in rideable order? Pathetic.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

So the track was perfect yesterday, covers were put down, and we had a little rain this morning which is now clearing away. Plymouth are so so desperate to get the second leg they call the meeting off when the rest of the day is forecast dry. Are they that inept at getting a race track in rideable order? Pathetic.

I'm in East Devon where it's been raining pretty much all morning and forecast to continue for the rest of the day. But don't let the facts get in the way of your hysteria! As if any club would call off a meeting, at considerable financial loss, just to get the second leg at home, especially when it's a foregone conclusion over 2 legs in any case.

9 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

No doubt it will mysteriously and against all predictions piss it down in Poole again then tomorrow at 6pm with hundreds stood outside the Gates.

Forecast I'm looking at for Devon looks awful all day - especially this afternoon and evening.