British Speedway Forum

Tuesday 6th September - Playoff First Leg - Plymouth v Poole

31 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

While I don't think the meeting could have gone ahead tonight, why didn't Plymouth wait until this morning to make a decision?  The forecast can change very quickly from day-to-day, especially when it's for storms.  Early call-offs are sensible, but this one was being ridiculous, and just makes it look like Plymouth wanted the second leg at home.

Plymouth have become a figure of fun this season: there's the daft situation with Eddie Kennett, setting fire to their own track, and now calling off meeting a whole day in advance.  It's hard to take Plymouth Speedway very seriously. 

I’ve quoted, in the hope that anyone who didn’t see it originally get to marvel at this truly ridiculous post.

To paraphrase…We made absolutely the correct decision but made it at the wrong time so therefore should be laughed at.

carry on like that and you’ll get a seat in the new cabinet.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, MalDon45 said:

I’ve quoted, in the hope that anyone who didn’t see it originally get to marvel at this truly ridiculous post.

To paraphrase…We made absolutely the correct decision but made it at the wrong time so therefore should be laughed at.

carry on like that and you’ll get a seat in the new cabinet.

1 minute ago, MalDon45 said:

In hindsight poking myself in the eye hurt.

Ignoring the bleeding obvious is rarely a good thing. 

You're the one missing the bleeding obvious that the British weather forecast frequently changes from day-to-day, which is the point that everyone has been making and you're blissfully ignoring ;) 

• Like 2

Just now, lucifer sam said:

You're the one missing the bleeding obvious that the British weather forecast frequently changes from day-to-day, which is the point that everyone has been making and you're blissfully ignoring ;) 

Plymouth made the right  call,get over it and move on,unfortunately your team don't have to contend with the autumnal weather because your season is finished. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, lucifer sam said:

That science stuff is so overrated isn’t it… And interpretation obviously beyond man. 

Those of us who went to bed last night knowing we were going to get wet today were obviously deluded…..

be careful not to fall off the edge of the earth.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

Skidder by all means wind up the annoying ones but not one of the nicer ones! ;)

That wasn't meant as a wind up. Danny Ford and Garry May suggested a list of some 12 or so potential guests for the Gladiators  most of whom had been tried already or had made other end if season arrangements or simply didnt want to do it!! It was Garry who said it may only be NDL riders that could/would fill the gaps. Any delay in announcing the lineup is probably to keep the attendance buoyant.

• Thanks 1

Seven Tuesdays left and counting.

Sooner or later, these meetings have to be run.

Maybe buy some bulk tarp before it’s too late? the track has no feelings, it won’t take offence if you cover it up in the hope you can keep the rain off it in the days/hours before a meeting.

1 hour ago, lucifer sam said:

Rain the day before really shouldn't make a difference. It's only rain in the few hours before the meeting that counts. By this morning, the rain could have been forecasted to finish at lunchtime. By all means, call the meeting off at 9am this morning if the forecast hasn't changed. Calling it off the day before is ridiculous, though. 

Tell us all you have no clue on track preparation without telling us you have no clue on track preparation

• Like 3

On 9/6/2022 at 1:19 PM, Fromafar said:

That’s rubbish,you obviously don’t see much road racing.

Several cancelled practices  in TT and Manx Grand Prix this year because of wet conditions, Senior TT was delayed because of wet conditions.  Some riders had only got one lap if practice in for the Manx Grand Prix.

7 minutes ago, Fina said:

Several cancelled practices  in TT and Manx Grand Prix this year because of wet conditions, Senior TT was delayed because of wet conditions.  Some riders had only got one lap if practice in for the Manx Grand Prix.

The TT is a unique event, and is not a good example 39 ml long course with several obstacles to take into account.Name a British Superbike or World Superbike or World Moto GP  round that was cancelled or postponed because of wet track conditions.That is track racing in my book.

Edited by Fromafar
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fromafar said:

The TT is a unique event, and is not a good example 39 ml long course with several obstacles to take into account.Name a British Superbike or World Superbike or World Moto GP  round that was cancelled or postponed because of wet track conditions.

Ah with you, I watch the real road racing.  No I haven't  followed the short circuits  for a while 

• Like 1

On 9/7/2022 at 11:06 PM, Fromafar said:

The TT is a unique event, and is not a good example 39 ml long course with several obstacles to take into account.Name a British Superbike or World Superbike or World Moto GP  round that was cancelled or postponed because of wet track conditions.That is track racing in my book.

Might I point you in the direction of… British Grand Prix, Silverstone, 2018.

1 hour ago, pvm said:

1 hour ago, pvm said:

Correct,but the circumstances related to problems with the resurfacing of the tarmac earlier that year,the Grand Prix formula1 complained about the surface.Moto Gp was cancelled because of unsafe track and the track was completely resurfaced again a month or so later.So there were extenuating circumstances.

On 9/7/2022 at 11:06 PM, Fromafar said:

WSB in Indonesia last year and I’m pretty sure another round lost a race earlier in the season.

Poole will almost certainly win both legs, far too strong for the Gladiators but I think we've probably got as good as we could have with who is available.

What will make it interesting is which Sedgmen and Summers turn up. Either of them are as likely to score 0 as they are to get a max as they basically gate or they come last. If they gate, we may get close, but I'd still expect Poole by 10-12 tomorrow and by 20+ at Wimborne.

• Like 2