British Speedway Forum

Tuesday 6th September - Playoff First Leg - Plymouth v Poole

I no there’s banter between both sets of fans but honestly the weather here has been awful the last 48 hours and the track is under water maybe if it was dry all day tomorrow you could get a meeting on but it’s forecast to have a bomblast of rain between 1 and 4 so it would be bikes going round but not racing and surely the travelling pirates fans would not want to see that.

• Like 2

Well it’s off nice and early. Plymouth calling it and it’s now likely to be a dry day tomorrow. Hopefully Poole will postpone to get the second leg on the 14th. If not we need to stuff Plymouth out of sight on Wednesday so next Tuesday is a formality.

6 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Well it’s off nice and early. Plymouth calling it and it’s now likely to be a dry day tomorrow. Hopefully Poole will postpone to get the second leg on the 14th. If not we need to stuff Plymouth out of sight on Wednesday so next Tuesday is a formality.

A dry day tomorrow wouldn't save that track

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Steve cmon Plymouth can’t do anything about the weather it’s been awful down here give us a break and just calm down a bit please would you rather your fans got here because you think they should have waited until tomorrow money is tight for a lot of people and I’m sure a lot of pirate fans are happy it’s off so they don’t have a wasted journey wasting money on fuel etc to get here and it’s off I think a lot of your posts are very sensible but please show a bit of common sense on this one thank you.

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Steve cmon Plymouth can’t do anything about the weather it’s been awful down here give us a break and just calm down a bit please would you rather your fans got here because you think they should have waited until tomorrow money is tight for a lot of people and I’m sure a lot of pirate fans are happy it’s off so they don’t have a wasted journey wasting money on fuel etc to get here and it’s off I think a lot of your posts are very sensible but please show a bit of common sense on this one thank you.

Sensible decision especially with the possibility that Starke might also have been missing? He'll be sore in the morning.

1 hour ago, Steve Shovlar said:

Hopefully we can run.

It's been crystal clear for 5 days that both matches would be in serious doubt, if all but the fantasy forecast in Shovlar big head, were accurate and they are. 

Poole has 100%  forecast of heavy rain and thunderstorms over the next 48 hours. 

Comments made that the team with preference pick can call off a 2nd leg if it is now the first leg are complete hogwash

Maybe king canute can give us an example of when this ruling has ever been enforced whilst he's trying to stop the floods. 

So much drivel from the sycophants on this from Poole.. Utterly boring

Think on too.. Forecasts for both areas over next 8 days suggest substantial rain on all but one of them. 

It could run and run. 

Fantastic electric storm last night and tonight over Royal Sutton Coldfield too... Let it rain let it rain let it rain 

1 hour ago, MartinBSN said:

A dry day tomorrow wouldn't save that track

was in Slangerup last weekend and their track was far far worse with torrential rain still coming down .. they got the meeting on same afternoon

• Like 3

Before you continue moaning everyone as I’ve said previously would you be happy to spend your money,maybe family money coming down here from Dorset tomorrow  for a washout if the answer is no you wouldn’t be happy then stop moaning if the answer is yes than fair play you must have more money than most people like it or not it really was the right decision.

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

You would think that with the Fire brigade turning up when the hay was burning  they could turn up again and pump the excess water off?

Should we keep them there all day as it’s forecast rain tomorrow afternoon maybe you can give your details to the Plymouth promotion so they can send you the bill for having them there just on the minuscule off chance you can see some racing I really wonder what goes through the minds of some fans of this great sport and I’ve definitely had my moments but I’ve never ever to my. Knowledge found a way to say Mother Nature is a Plymouth fan and she’s trying to get the meeting off.rain is rain And there ain’t a lot that can be done about it,Steve,skidder and Lisa please tell us what we could do to get it on we need your knowledge because getting the track prepped by lunchtime which won’t be able to happen and then it rains again in the afternoon please give us you wisdom on what to do and maybe all track curators could copy your blue print.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

Should we keep them there all day as it’s forecast rain tomorrow afternoon maybe you can give your details to the Plymouth promotion so they can send you the bill for having them there just on the minuscule off chance you can see some racing I really wonder what goes through the minds of some fans of this great sport and I’ve definitely had my moments but I’ve never ever to my. Knowledge found a way to say Mother Nature is a Plymouth fan and she’s trying to get the meeting off.rain is rain And there ain’t a lot that can be done about it,Steve,skidder and Lisa please tell us what we could do to get it on we need your knowledge because getting the track prepped by lunchtime which won’t be able to happen and then it rains again in the afternoon please give us you wisdom on what to do and maybe all track curators could copy your blue print.

Tbf Mike I don't think I have moaned about it being called off since it has been called off :t:

9 hours ago, stevehone said:

was in Slangerup last weekend and their track was far far worse with torrential rain still coming down .. they got the meeting on same afternoon

What happens at one track doesn't reflect another. Plymouth is surrounded by marsh land sitting above the track level which causes serious drainage issues and soaks the track. From conversations with Mark he is trying to buy the land to help.

Most tracks would have called that last night just the same.

The track might cop a heavy shower later but they should be able to deal with the occasional heavy shower. Forecast is far worse tomorrow.

What is the Plymouth off race day? Sundays forecast is decent.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Haha 1