British Speedway Forum

Tuesday 6th September - Playoff First Leg - Plymouth v Poole

37 minutes ago, Steve Shovlar said:

As I use accurate forecasts on a daily basis through my flying hobby, I do keep an eye on what is going on a little more than watching big jugs Carol on breakfast news.

Forecast hasn’t changed. Tuesday is a risk of morning showers with a risk of the occasional shower in the afternoon. Should go ahead. 

https://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/forecast/gbvn9cv4h#?date=2022-09-06

A much more accurate forecast will be available on Monday evening. The closer the date, the more accurate the reading. More likely to go ahead than not. Of course a rogue heavy shower might be enough if the Plymouth promotion are desperate to call it off.

If forecasts are correct by Monday night Plymouth will have had 24 hours torrential rain and yellow flood warning

Poole forecast is even worse for Wednesday. 

• Haha 1

I knew when I started this thread it would be quiet... :unsure:

I've got to be honest, I'm beginning to wonder why I bother with this forum with all the mud slinging going back and forth and it's the same for both sides of that argument! I also get the sense regardless of the weather, the Gladiators promotion are in a no win situation here. The forecast suggests rain is likely for the next three-four days, as i type this it's pretty torrential outside my front door and I'm in the middle of the city. If it's called off, people will moan and complain. If we race, and have 3/4 guests... people will complain

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, HGould said:

So easy to rattle the cages of these bullies and trolls

So just your cage then, as you have been trolling about Poole for weeks now. But thanks for actually confirming it! 

The only people trolling are you and trackrat. Poole fans talking about Poole isn't trolling. 

You just call anyone connected with Poole a bully, you really need a dictionary. Poor Birmingham :cry:

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

So just your cage then, as you have been trolling about Poole for weeks now. But thanks for actually confirming it! 

The only people trolling are you and trackrat. Poole fans talking about Poole isn't trolling. 

You just call anyone connected with Poole a bully, you really need a dictionary. Poor Birmingham :cry:

Please show me where I’ve posted anything on this thread gobbo. Getting very boring with your constant bullying.

21 minutes ago, Trackrat said:

Please show me where I’ve posted anything on this thread gobbo. Getting very boring with your constant bullying.

Lol, never said it was exclusive to this thread! 

Calling you a troll isn't bullying. It is called telling the truth. If you don't like it then stop trolling! 

Edited by lisa-colette

Plymouth will be looking to put together a strong national league select team together for the second leg at Wimborne Road as that will be the only available riders. All in the best interests of British speedway but not very good for getting a big attendance with a huge wage bill for that fixture, poole could well hit 70pts. Completely hollow victory but unfortunately that's how it's looking. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lewy said:

Plymouth will be looking to put together a strong national league select team together for the second leg at Wimborne Road as that will be the only available riders. All in the best interests of British speedway but not very good for getting a big attendance with a huge wage bill for that fixture, poole could well hit 70pts. Completely hollow victory but unfortunately that's how it's looking. 

Pretty sure Wimborne Road will be packed regardless of what team Plymouth put out. In it to win it!

3 minutes ago, lewy said:

If & it’s a very, very,  big if Tuesday’s meeting goes ahead. They should already be in a comfortable lead. Can’t imagine advanced ticket sales are strong.  Could just be tumbleweed on the terraces to witness the Mighty Pirates hand out the beating… Pirate Pride!

• Like 1