British Speedway Forum

30th August - Plymouth v Redcar

1 minute ago, HGould said:

Yep

Thats their inbred arrogance. 

Leicester beat Poole home and Away

Plymouth thrashed Leicester at home and run them close at Leicester. 

Dickson isn't daft he'd choose Poole over Plymouth and Edinburgh over Poole. 

Redcar are tougher to assess for Leicester I'd say out of all their semi options. Depends the order of 4th 5th 6th

Id think Glasgow would prefer anyone but Edinburgh lol.

As a Glasgow fan absolutely. We seem to have been drawn against them KO cup and play offs last few years kinda killed the rivalry for me. Wouldn't mind Poole think point you be proven there and riders going better than were when we drew at home. Interested to see what 1-7 Plymouth have come play offs, rumours of signings seem to have died off so dependant on Barker situation maybe sedgy and flint?

I don’t profess to know the answer but one thing the sport needs to get rid of is GUESTS. The Kennet issue at Plymouth has been a disgrace , how many matches has he ridden ?  Harris & Lawson must have as many guest bookings as rides for their designated teams . 

I know that teams say that riders are not available but most of them find someone. 

As I said I don’t know what the answer is but the Guest Fest cannot go on for a sport that bill’s itself professional. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Norfolk Bear said:

I don’t profess to know the answer but one thing the sport needs to get rid of is GUESTS. The Kennet issue at Plymouth has been a disgrace , how many matches has he ridden ?  Harris & Lawson must have as many guest bookings as rides for their designated teams . 

I know that teams say that riders are not available but most of them find someone. 

As I said I don’t know what the answer is but the Guest Fest cannot go on for a sport that bill’s itself professional. 

Are you saying your beloved Redcar is going to use R/R for Eric this Tuesday? 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Norfolk Bear said:

bring the CL levels down drastically and have an 8 and 9 from 3rd div. RR for one ht leader, 8 or 9 for anyone else. Div 1 can do what it likes

So here it is,all comes down to this match,can Plymouth get scunthorpe into the playoffs by beating Redcar. It would be easy for Plymouth to put out a weak team with the guest situation but I'm confident our promotion will field as strong a team as possible and try to do the right thing by scunthorpe. Personally I,ve changed my mind somewhat of late and hope scunthorpe make the playoffs. 

8 hours ago, lewy said:

Plymouth will be going  all out for a comprehensive win, Scunthorpe could still be in the playoffs. 

Plymouth are in the play offs and its either Redcar or Scunthorpe who will join them. So I would not think that Plymouth will be to worried about the result on Tuesday not like Redcar who need to get a result on Tuesday and not get beaten by more than 6 points to knock Scunthorpe out. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fozzie4388 said:

Gary May said last week on the Plymouth vs Glasgow meeting before it got called off that Richie Worrall and Kyle Howarth were riding for Plymouth vs Redcar

So this was obviously before Palm-Toft was injured but atm it looks like:

Richie Worrall (Guest)
Ben Morley
Kyle Howarth (Guest)
?
Hans Andersen 
Lee Complin
Connor Coles

In theory we could go with Rider Replacement for MPT which would allow the four rides to be taken by Morley, Complin, Coles and Andersen

3 minutes ago, jbell1995 said:

So this was obviously before Palm-Toft was injured but atm it looks like:

Richie Worrall (Guest)
Ben Morley
Kyle Howarth (Guest)
?
Hans Andersen 
Lee Complin
Connor Coles

In theory we could go with Rider Replacement for MPT which would allow the four rides to be taken by Morley, Complin, Coles and Andersen

It has to be r/r for the 4th in the averages 

• Like 1