British Speedway Forum

Tuesday 23rd August - Plymouth v Glasgow

25 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

If the weather doesn’t screw it up I think it will come down to if cook is fit if he is we could be in trouble.i would take a draw now if it was offered just to guarantee our place in the playoffs.

Plymouth could lose both remaining matches and would still be 100% certain to be in play-offs.

31 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

If the weather doesn’t screw it up I think it will come down to if cook is fit if he is we could be in trouble.i would take a draw now if it was offered just to guarantee our place in the playoffs.

I think now we've guaranteed top 2 might not be as fired up as otherwise might have been. Whether that means ride better as more relaxed or not try so hard and accept a defeat be interesting to see

9 minutes ago, Jaizer said:

I think now we've guaranteed top 2 might not be as fired up as otherwise might have been. Whether that means ride better as more relaxed or not try so hard and accept a defeat be interesting to see

It’s an interesting one as our track is very tight and technical and as you have nothing really to race for is it worth cooky risking an injury or just rest up for the big meetings still to come.

29 minutes ago, Mike0310 said:

It’s an interesting one as our track is very tight and technical and as you have nothing really to race for is it worth cooky risking an injury or just rest up for the big meetings still to come.

I wouldn't risk him tomorrow night or at Poole on Wednesday but the flip side is not earning if not riding. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, arnieg said:

Plymouth could lose both remaining matches and would still be 100% certain to be in play-offs.

If Plymouth lose both remaining matches they would remain on 29 pts.

If Redcar win at Plymouth by more than 6, and win at home to Scunthorpe by less than 7 they would be on 30 pts.

If Scunthorpe lose at Redcar by less than 7, and win at Berwick by more than 6 they would be on 30 pts.

And Plymouth would be out of the play-offs. Unlikely but possible.

11 minutes ago, eide67 said:

If Plymouth lose both remaining matches they would remain on 29 pts.

If Redcar win at Plymouth by more than 6, and win at home to Scunthorpe by less than 7 they would be on 30 pts.

If Scunthorpe lose at Redcar by less than 7, and win at Berwick by more than 6 they would be on 30 pts.

And Plymouth would be out of the play-offs. Unlikely but possible.

Gosh you are so right and I'm so :oops: