British Speedway Forum

bears v glasgow 21/08/22

13 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

Hmm, whoever finishes 3rd will say that. Middlo said in his interview the other day that it might be better to be 3rd! I think only if you get through the QFs, otherwise better to be 2nd!! Which I'm assuming Redcar most likely to be 6th? 

Depends what you want. If you want the title, you obviously want top 2. I'd take an extra home meeting and lose the final because I just like watching bikes race around the totally unsuitable, narrow, bumpy, boring Glasgow track that clearly doesn't deserve to host anything on two wheels and bores DiamondsGeezer to death :rofl:

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

Depends what you want. If you want the title, you obviously want top 2. I'd take an extra home meeting and lose the final because I just like watching bikes race around the totally unsuitable, narrow, bumpy, boring Glasgow track that clearly doesn't deserve to host anything on two wheels and bores DiamondsGeezer to death :rofl:

I kinda want Poole to finish second just so Leicester can't pick us and see who else they would pick! But think you guys will do enough to finish second, even if it is just on points difference!

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

I kinda want Poole to finish second just so Leicester can't pick us and see who else they would pick! But think you guys will do enough to finish second, even if it is just on points difference!

We'll see. You'd fancy all three teams to make the semi finals if at full strength. Glasgow suffering a bit with injuries at the moment but hopefully we can make it work.

Not sure if we can get Sedgemen guesting on Ulle's average? Might be a good fit given how he's been going this year. Hopefully Cookie and Basso will be fully fit by then.

49 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

On a positive note, not making the top 2 would potentially give Glasgow an extra home fixture:D

What's that song again "Always Look On The Bright Side,""  should know it ,applies at Berwick most seasons, looking forward to watching on BSN, safe meeting for both teams.

33 minutes ago, Noelinho said:

We'll see. You'd fancy all three teams to make the semi finals if at full strength. Glasgow suffering a bit with injuries at the moment but hopefully we can make it work.

Not sure if we can get Sedgemen guesting on Ulle's average? Might be a good fit given how he's been going this year. Hopefully Cookie and Basso will be fully fit by then.

Funny you should mention Sedgman as:

Justin Sedgmen

@JustinSedgmen

·Aug 15

Who can I guest for in championship playoffs?

LisaColette

@bluepride32

Replying to

@JustinSedgmen

Glasgow?

;)

But on August averages Sedgman is about half a point higher than Ulle's. Not sure about September averages? But seeing as most of the month was the jubilee thingy, can't be that different.

2 hours ago, Jaizer said:

2019 I think we were 3rd or 4th only missed out on title to a magnificent ride by perks. Think gap in Leicester's schedule might be an issue for them, long time without a meeting potentially 

Leicester have the KO Cup quarter final second leg on Sept 2,  defending a 58-32 lead so would fancy them to be in the semis the following Saturday, racing Poole.  With the exception of Clegg their riders all ride in either the Prem or the NL so will still see some action, in contrast to Craig, Connor and Broc, so if we're second we're in a worse predicament, as we'll have nothing until to Play Off semis. Take it the Jubilee Triple isn't going to happen any time soon. 

5 hours ago, Jaizer said:

2019 I think we were 3rd or 4th only missed out on title to a magnificent ride by perks. Think gap in Leicester's schedule might be an issue for them, long time without a meeting potentially 

They can ride for Plymouth or guest for Ulrich. :)