British Speedway Forum

Championship League Riders' Championship at Poole

15 minutes ago, szkocjasid said:

Not sure the point you're making? But I'd have no issue with him qualifying for the GP challenge if he finished high enough!

Quite right too. Simply making point reserves should be capable. What's point if masters pulls out after a ride having 4 heats with Jack Smith piddling around at the back? I may have quoted the wrong person in hindsight 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

You still have the problem of no one else being prepared to hold the meeting apart from Poole. So people can suggest BV, Sheffield etc but if they don't want to hold it...

Do we know that as a fact?

1 hour ago, lisa-colette said:

You still have the problem of no one else being prepared to hold the meeting apart from Poole. So people can suggest BV, Sheffield etc but if they don't want to hold it...

Correct ..

Why would BV or any Div 1 track want to run a 2nd Division Championship? 

In years gone by you could maybe make a case for a Div 1 tracks' fans being interested due to the "novelty" of seeing riders that they ordinarily wouldnt watch...

Hence the crowd level may be profitable with enough home team fans turning up..

However, nowadays. Every  Div 1 track sees Div 2 Riders appearing there week in week out, so zero novelty and pretty much zero interest off the back of that I would suggest..

Running at a venue where the home crowd is usually good in number, and are at that level makes perfect sense...

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, mikebv said:

Correct ..

Why would BV or any Div 1 track want to run a 2nd Division Championship? 

In years gone by you could maybe make a case for a Div 1 tracks' fans being interested due to the "novelty" of seeing riders that they ordinarily wouldnt watch...

Hence the crowd level may be profitable with enough home team fans turning up..

However, nowadays. Every  Div 1 track sees Div 2 Riders appearing there week in week out, so zero novelty and pretty much zero interest off the back of that I would suggest..

Running at a venue where the home crowd is usually good in number, and are at that level makes perfect sense...

But if it had a best dressed coach...

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, lisa-colette said:

should have been on a Saturday or Sunday simple as that

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, lisa-colette said:

No one has really done any predictions yet! I'll go with 1. Bomber 2. Lawson 3. Pickering.

Be surprised if a Poole rider not on the rostrum

• Like 1

1 hour ago, iainb said:

But if it had a best dressed coach...

Now you are talking....

But best dressed taxi given the crowd numbers nowadays maybe? :D

Edited by mikebv
  • Haha 2