British Speedway Forum

Championship League Riders' Championship at Poole

5 minutes ago, Arthur54 said:

I think It's £2.50 to park, you can pay by cash or card,you don't have to have the correct money 

£2.50!!!! Is it Valet parking? And you get your car back cleaned at the end of the night?

1 minute ago, sommelier1 said:

If you can't afford £2.50 to park your car I feel sorry for you. Lets be honest the charge of £2.50 is as cheap as chips in this day and age!

Do you feel sorry enough for me to contribute?

• Haha 2

23 minutes ago, iainb said:

£2.50!!!! Is it Valet parking? And you get your car back cleaned at the end of the night?

Leicester's car park = Cardiff's track

At least when you leave Poole's car park you leave without getting whiplash & a knackered suspension! :D

Edited by Turnip

2 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Leicester's car park = Cardiff's track

At least when you leave Poole's car park you leave without getting whiplash & a knackered suspension! :D

Wait for it, someone will say they don't want to park on the Poole track 

3 hours ago, HGould said:

Track reserves should be competent enough to race if needed but not too good to influence a result

Ablitt and another NDL rider would have been better options. 

Why not? If you can't beat 5-6.00 Champ riders, you can't expect to win the riders championship!

1 hour ago, szkocjasid said:

Why not? If you can't beat 5-6.00 Champ riders, you can't expect to win the riders championship!

1 hour ago, Jaizer said:

Tom Brennan nearly qualified for the GP challenge as a track reserve 

Not sure the point you're making? But I'd have no issue with him qualifying for the GP challenge if he finished high enough!

Edited by szkocjasid

4 hours ago, Turnip said:

I would admit it's not ideal being a week day as well but then you do have Glasgow taking all the team GB events & now FIM events.

I'm not saying that in a negative way about Glasgow because they have put the money in and hard work to warrant being awarded world class meetings.

But distance wise it's like for like.

This isn’t an FIM event, the other two are.

Pairs were  at Oxford. This should have been at the NSS.

1 minute ago, Endeavour said:

This isn’t an FIM event, the other two are.

Pairs were  at Oxford. This should have been at the NSS.

You still have the problem of no one else being prepared to hold the meeting apart from Poole. So people can suggest BV, Sheffield etc but if they don't want to hold it...

• Like 2

3 hours ago, HGould said:

I think they are both good enough to significantly impact in races they are in and possibly impact on the overall result. 

I don't think that's in the spirit of what a track reserve is actually for. 

Got nothing to do with where it is. 

I would say the opposite is true, let's say Sam Masters races, but pulls out because of his shoulder injury. Anyone who races against a track reserve from the NL, will get an easier heat than others (who've already raced Masters), so this would impact the result!

If Ben or Zach Cook replace Masters, the advantage riders get by avoiding Masters is lessened so wouldn't affect the result so much!

Edited by szkocjasid
  • Like 1