British Speedway Forum

Championship League Riders' Championship at Poole

23 hours ago, gmarsbar2 said:

That would be Craig's dad and our esteemed team manager reacting to the abuse Craig was getting while lying on the back straight. Never heard an ambulance being booed off the track before last night. 

That is 100% categorically untrue and I was good about 10 metres away. 

Craig's dad stormed in and told Wright to f*ck off,  which upset some Redcar fans who had a go at Craig's dad. Team Manager then stormed in effing and blinding at everyone and did receive a barrage back.from the fans. Fault from both sides in my eyes,  some fans did not help the situation I admit. 

At absolutely no point was Cook himself subject to any abuse whatsoever,  and his ambulance was applauded off the track and I will happily go to any court in the land to testify to that. 

• Like 3

39 minutes ago, IronScorpion said:

So Poole are now possibly tracking 4 riders. I wonder how much racing effort we will see if any of the 2 Cooks ride against King & Lawson & try more against others. ;) :rolleyes:

Where else would you expect to get track reserves from other than the hosting track?

• Like 1

Sorry Boz, the ambulance was booed as it came around the first bend towards the tapes, lots of applause also though. First time I’ve ever heard it happen anywhere. Even said to the few standing with me about it, couldn’t believe it happened. I was stood on the little stand between bend 4 and the tapes, and yes I would testify to any court that it happened. 

• Like 1

Apologies I was not massively clear in my post - my remarks were more around abusing Cook but I can see it is not clear at all. Original post made it sound as if the whole stadium was booing. Sadly,  you get a few idiots everywhere but i agree that should definitely not happen. 

Definitely added a bit of spice to a night that had pretty much everything! 

Looking forward to another night of top entertainment down at WINborne Road :t:

So open as to the winner with riders' such as Bomber, Nicholls, Masters & Douglas avin a particular liking for the Poole track.

Of course being a Pirate I will shouting out for King & Lawson with both coming into top form at just the right time.

Tom Brennan could he sneak up quietly & take the honours? I wudn't bet against it.

See yer all down at WINborne Road :t:

#piratepride

Edited by Turnip

14 minutes ago, Turnip said:

Looking forward to another night of top entertainment down at WINborne Road :t:

So open as to the winner with riders' such as Bomber, Nicholls, Masters & Douglas avin a particular liking for the Poole track.

Of course being a Pirate I will shouting out for King & Lawson with both coming into top form at just the right time.

Tom Brennan could he sneak up quietly & take the honours? I wudn't bet against it.

See yer all down at WINborne Road :t:

#piratepride

Better make sure there's no wet patches on entry to turn one or Brennan will be refusing to ride again. 

17 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

Poole's Ben Cook and Zach Cook are the meeting track reserves.

Track reserves should be competent enough to race if needed but not too good to influence a result. 

Ablitt and another NDL rider would have been better options. 

• Like 2

On 8/20/2022 at 11:36 AM, Turnip said:

Been to Mildenhall twice back in the 2nd Division days vs King's Lynn & Ipswich if I remember correctly.

Both were excellent meetings & the track was superb. 

Can't speak for wot it's like now though.

Even being a Pirate I don't understand the logic of avin it on a Wednesday in Poole. As soon as they called the Saturday one off it should've been moved to a more central track. 

Little consideration given to away supporters.umless they base it on away support at league meetins? Dunno.

I'm fortunate that although living in Derbyshire I'm still able to go.

Hopefully all the club's will still av some support there :t:

Certainly didn’t give any consideration to us Scots. I suppose it’s better than the Isle if Wight (Smiley face) but honestly, this year will be the first I’ve missed and I’m not best pleased

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Gr8scot said:

Certainly didn’t give any consideration to us Scots. I suppose it’s better than the Isle if Wight (Smiley face) but honestly, this year will be the first I’ve missed and I’m not best pleased

I would admit it's not ideal being a week day as well but then you do have Glasgow taking all the team GB events & now FIM events.

I'm not saying that in a negative way about Glasgow because they have put the money in and hard work to warrant being awarded world class meetings.

But distance wise it's like for like.

Edited by Turnip
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, HGould said:

Track reserves should be competent enough to race if needed but not too good to influence a result. 

Ablitt and another NDL rider would have been better options. 

So you want any ndl rider to just pootle around at the back against 3 heat leaders rather than potentially make a race of it?

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, Turnip said:

I would admit it's not ideal being a week day as well but then you do have Glasgow taking all the team GB events & now FIM events.

I'm not saying that in a negative way about Glasgow because they have put the money in and hard work to warrant being awarded world class meetings.

But distance wise it's like for like.

Agreed, you have a point too but multi team events like this should be Weekend meetings to attract the biggest possible crowd and hence add to the atmosphere. The original Saturday was fine

1 minute ago, Gr8scot said:

Agreed, you have a point too but multi team events like this should be Weekend meetings to attract the biggest possible crowd and hence add to the atmosphere. The original Saturday was fine

Agree, after the Saturday pp it would be better moving it more central. Easy to say but I don't know how it was agreed between the bods at the top & wot was or wasn't possible to arrange. Dunno. 

Luckily living in Derbyshire I'm central to everywhere but I do think about those at either end of the country.

50 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

So you want any ndl rider to just pootle around at the back against 3 heat leaders rather than potentially make a race of it?

I think they are both good enough to significantly impact in races they are in and possibly impact on the overall result. 

I don't think that's in the spirit of what a track reserve is actually for. 

Got nothing to do with where it is. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Gresham78 said:

Thinking of going to this but haven't been  to Poole since pre pandemic. How much is the car park now & is it still exact cash only ?

I think It's £2.50 to park, you can pay by cash or card,you don't have to have the correct money 

Edited by Arthur54